Friday, December 15, 2017

Hair Products I Love



Bow (sold out, similar... I love that it looks like a Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pump (there is a headband version, too))

Last week, as I was getting ready for a Christmas party, I decided that I would film an instastory series of me curling my hair. It was totally on the spur of the moment and very homemade. Just me in my bathroom in a t-shirt curling away! 

I got a ton of great feedback after doing that... I have never received so many DM's! I'm so glad you all enjoyed watching and got a better idea of how I curl my hair. My hair is the most asked about topic, so it's my goal in 2018 to bring you all more hair content! 

To start off my hair series, I'm sharing all of the products I shared in my instastory and a few more that I wanted to highlight. I'm getting the most questions about these products so I will link to them and then share with you how I use the product and why I like it. Please note this is not sponsored in any way and is just my general feedback about each product (although even if it was sponsored, as always, it would be 100% my honest opinion). I am constantly sent hair products and tools in PR packages and I am so lucky to be able to try out so many different products. However, I rarely love anything I'm sent. I'm very loyal to certain hair brands, so I'm sharing them with you today!
Curling Iron// This has been my go-to for years and years. It's just $14 and literally the best $14 you could ever spend. I sometimes buy a few at a time just in case they stop making them! They last for a good 2+ years but I find that they get less hot as time goes on. I typically replace every year or so! You can also use this curling iron in Europe, no problem!

My curling iron tip is to choose the size based on the length of your hair. If you have shorter hair, you're going to need a smaller circumference. The bigger the iron, the wavier your hair will be as opposed to actual curls. 

Blow Dryer// This is definitely the best dryer I've ever used. It's super lightweight and really dries my hair quickly. As much as I'd love to try the Dyson everyone is raving about,  I don't have a crazy desire to try it because I find this dryer to do an incredible job. I have super thick hair so cutting down on drying time is important to me and this really does cut down the time!

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product// I use this every single time I step out of the shower and have been using it for years. I pray it on towel dried, damp hair and it works wonders on frizz and shine. I love the smell, too. They have several different kinds, like ones for blondes, or with keratin, etc. I truly don't think the types make any difference. I have all of them and just buy whatever is the cheapest at the time. I think the only one to note that might be helpful for some of you is their lite version.  I think it would be great for those of you who have thinner hair. 

Dessange Oleo Oil// This is a very heavy oil that I use after I brush my hair out (after the It's a 10). You only need to use a little bit, it might not be for everyone because it's very strong, but I love how it tames my hair. 
Wella Oil Reflections Luminous Smoothing Oil// Wella is a brand I just started using in early fall. Like Aveda, I love almost all of the products in the Wella line, and especially their Oil Reflections line. This is their regular oil, and as soon as my Dessange fully runs out, I'm switching to Wella. Don't get me wrong, Dessange smells pleasant, but I just prefer this scent. They work pretty similarly, though. Just like It's a 10, Wella makes a 'light' version of this which I LOVE using on dry hair. 

Wella Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray// My hair really takes a beating between coloring and using heat on it. Because of that, I really like to use a heat protectant spray. This one is definitely the best smelling product out of the entire list. It smells INCREDIBLE and when I use it, people are always asking me what kind of shampoo I use because they love the smell.... but the secret is out, it's this product. I just spray a few sprays on each chunk of hair before I use my curling iron. 
Air Control Hairspray// I've long loved Aveda's hairspray. It really holds well with some flexibility and smells wonderful. The only time I really ever wear hairspray is when I am wearing my hair up. I have a ton of flyaways and this helps to tame them. I also love this hairspray which offers less hold, so if I want to spray it while curly, that's what I'll use!

Aveda Smooth Infusion// I only really use this in the summer because it's for frizz due to heat. I put it in my towel dried damp hair and it really does help cut down on frizz in a big way! I think if you live in a warmer climate or have high humidity, this is a product you may want to use year round!

Aveda Damage Remedy// I typically use this when I'm overdue for a haircut. It helps to tame my split ends until I can get to the salon! 
Aveda Dry Shampoo + Wella Dry Shampoo// I love both of these. Aveda's works perfectly but is definitely white. The Wella dry shampoo is amazing, too, but what I love most about it is that it doesn't really show up in your hair! 
Shop the products:

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Book marking this post and trying some of these products! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure