Thursday, November 9, 2017

Lately 11/9/2017






This week I have spent so much time on my computer prepping for being away from it for 10 days. It was a bit grueling but soooo worth it.

This week was also a week of pampering. I got my hair highlighted, my eyelash extensions freshened and a manicure (in my favorite fall shade: OPI I've Got The Blues For Red). I wanted to be well-coiffed for Paris and also for Thanksgiving!

I also got to spend time with one of my high school besties (her younger sister is coming to Paris with me) who is pregnant! I am so excited for her and her husband. She is one of my first close high school friends to have a baby. They aren't finding out the sex until birth but my guess is that it's a boy!

I'm also having dinner with one of my very best friend's tonight. It will be such a good casual night to catch up and take a break from my computer. She is getting married in December and I cannot wait for her wedding! I love hearing about all of the planning and excitement!

Wearing: Today I'm sharing a velvet dress that's perfect for Thanksgiving. It also comes in black! It is a bit short. I am 5'6" and I'm thinking if you're any taller than me, it might be too short. But for those who are shorter, this will fit you perfectly without having to be hemmed. I love the richness of the color, but if you are not a fan, it also comes in black!

Eating: Trader Joe's has alllll the Thanksgiving things out right now and I LOVE it. They have turkey stuffing kettle chips.  It sounds so bizarre, I know, but they are SO good. They're very savory and have the slightest stuffing flavor.
Reading: I love ranch dressing. Love, love, love. I would put it on everything if it wasn't so unhealthy. Hidden Valley Ranch came out with a $50 ranch dressing keg. How funny would this be to gift to someone who loves ranch?! As you can see in our texts above, my sister thinks it would be the perfect gift for me, ha! I personally think that Ken's has the best store-bought ranch (they also have the best caesar), though.

Sale-ing: I LOVE these navy blue bow flats that are on major sale right now! Club Monaco is offering 20% off coats through 11/13 (no code needed)! I love the color of this coat and love the way this coat drapes (so elegant!). Abercrombie is offering 60-70% off clearance. It ends tonight! This gorgeous mohair sweater as seen on me in the photo above is on sale for under $30 (originally $68!).

Sale-ing II: Have you guys shopped Ruelala lately? I kind of forgot about it but I opened an e-mail and ended up on the site. They have some really amazing sales and way more brands and selection than I ever remember! This is such a good place to check for something you may be wanting but you'll more than likely get it for less here

Watching: 
I haven't been watching much lately. Are there any good movies or series I should download for my Paris trip?! 

Listening: My November playlist is live and it is SO good.

Look for Less: You guys know how obsessed I am with these bow flats! They are supppppper pricey, though, so I haven't pulled the trigger. BUT, I found a super similar pair for a fraction of the price. I love the little heel on this pair

Loving: How cute are these tartan and velvet bow flats for under $100?! Also, the joggers that I love are now in a navy and white!!! I just ordered it and I love that it pairs with a matching sweatshirt (also ordered). Seriously, the fabric is SO comfortable. I'm so excited about this!
Loving II: Ann Taylor's shoe selection is absolutely KILLING it this season. Every single pair of shoes is gorgeous and most are under $200!

Loving III: You guys I have been absolutely LOVING this Zo Skin Health C-Bright Serum. It's 10% vitamin C and goes on immediately after you wash your face. I do it both at night and in the morning under my makeup. It removes discoloration and brightens skin. 10% is one of the highest concentrations you can get over the counter. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I'm truly seeing brighter skin! Could not recommend this more. The way it goes on is really smooth, too, so under my makeup it's almost like a great primer! Speaking of skincare, I also picked up these brightening face wipes for while I'm traveling. I think it will be a great refresher while in flight/post-flight.

Launching: The Hearth and Home Magnolia collection launched at Target.  I saw it in person and the prices for the quality are pretty good. The items are super high quality but the prices aren't high either! It's a little rustic for my personal taste, but the items are tasteful! I think the decor is my favorite part. It is understated, which I like. 

Wanting: I will be sharing my personal Christmas wishlist on Tuesday. This was the #1 most requested gift guide post you have all asked to see! In the meantime, here are some pieces I have been loving this week! 

Pittsburgh-ing: You guys, the other night I got takeout dessert from Bill's Burger Bar. They're known for their shakes but I was really craving apple pie. They have THE BEST apple pie. Seriously, you should just go for the apple pie. It's warm and gooey and not overly sweet and served with Millie's vanilla ice cream! YUM. 

Quoting: 'You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.'// (Constantly reminding myself of this.) See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

ashley said...

Love the dress on you! Glad you mentioned it comes in black, I love black velvet even more! Happy Friday!
www.ashleyinaugust.com

Lexy said...

When you return can you post about some winter "casual" outfits? I keep resorting to black leggings and a cashmere sweater, but makes me feel not well put together when am just relaxing with friends at home, etc. - LOVE any suggestions!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure