Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Travel Guide: Portsmouth New Hampshire



Alright everyone, this is the last of the New Hampshire content! You first saw my travel guide and then what I wore, and today I'm closing out with my favorite place that we visited while in New Hampshire: Portsmouth.

The cute coastal town is a little over an hour north from Boston. I really had no idea it was so close! We had gotten up super early, so we just wore comfortable clothes and skipped the makeup and hair because it was raining... and it felt so good!



We arrived right around lunch time. We went to Row 34 which was AMAZING. The interior had a very clean, urban, hip vibe to it. There was a large bar area as well as areas to be formally seated. 

Katie and I ate so. much. I think my favorite thing was the salmon rillete or the lobster roll... but literally every single bite was fantastic. We left with full bellies and even though it was pouring down rain, we opted to explore because everything was just so charming and picturesque. 


As we weaved throughout the downtown area, the buildings had so much New England charm... it kind of reminded me of Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard. We popped in and out of some of the shops and boutiques... I saw an antique jewelry store and I was practically drooling as I browsed through all of the stunning pieces.

We stumbled upon Commerical Alley, which was the most adorable little side street that was lined with shops and restaurants. It's a bit hidden, so you really have to keep your eyes peeled.



Since we only had a few hours, we ended up at Popovers. The cases were filled with delicious pastries and we could not resist trying a few different ones! I had a fruit tart, which is one of my favorite desserts of all time and this one was phenomenal.  We also brought treats back with us, too, because they were that good. I'd say this is a must-stop if you are ever in Portsmouth.

Sadly, after that, it was time to head to the airport, but I hope to be back to Portsmouth soon! If you are from Boston, it's such an easy drive and would make for a really cute date night or girl's afternoon of lunch and shopping! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure