Friday, October 27, 2017

Perfume Review: My Favorite Scents

chanel chance jo malone le labo santal 33



Shop the Scents:
Happy weekend, everyone! Today I'm talking all about my favorite scents. I am one of those people who typically pick one scent for an entire year as my 'main' scent. By 'main' scent I mean the one that I pretty much wear daily. However, I also have several other scents that I've picked up and wear often, but just not daily. Some scents are seasonal, some I just love more than others!


Scents are a very personal thing but I've had a lot of requests from you guys for me to share my favorites, so I'm going to try my best to describe the scents. 
Le Labo Santal 33// I think this smells just like Diptyque's figuier candle. It's a deep, earthy scent with fruity notes. Becuase of this, it is definitely unisex. This is a crazily popular scent and if someone is wearing it, you'll definitely be able to tell. I wear this a lot- I just had to get a new bottle. It's really expensive, which is kind of unfortunate, but one spritz goes a long way and it lasts all day.
Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt// I can't decide if I like this scent better or the one mentioned right below. This, like the name refers, is definitely 'woodsy'. I think it could also be unisex. It has a light scent when you are wearing it but the scent overall has depth to it....if that makes sense. 
Jo Malone English Oak and Redcurrant// This one is a bit 'fresher' than the scent above, but it still is a deeper, warmer fragrance. It has a very slight sweetness to it. 

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche// This is my wear-everyday scent. It's light, fresh, feminine and a classic you can wear year round. One spray goes a long way- this stuff is strong. I also love that this scent will last you an entire day while wearing it. 

Arquiste for J.Crew No. 31// This has been discontinued, but if you can ever find it, grab a bottle. I LOVE it. This is kind of a manly scent- it's definitely for fall/winter, but it feels warm and cozy. 
Carven L'eau de Toilette// I only have a few sprays left in this bottle. This smells completely different than the Chanel Chance, but it has the same 'vibe' in that it's very light and fresh and feminine. 
Cartier Baiser Vole// This is one of my lesser favorite scents. I got it as a gift, and while I think the bottle is stunning, this has kind of a very 'sophisticated' scent. I don't want to say 'grandma' because that makes it sound negative. It really is a lovely scent, but I think there is a time and a place for it. 

Caudalie The Des Vignes// One of my all-time favorite scents. This is more like a 'body spray' in that it comes out very fragrant but wears off pretty quickly. However, it is inexpensive, so I don't feel guilty spritzing myself multiple times throughout the day. This is slightly sweet- and I typically don't like sweet, but I think it's done in a very tasteful, subtle way. It is also a fragrance that I would describe as 'warm'... I think it can be worn year round, but it definitely has a sexier/muskier feel to it. 

Estee Lauder Modern Muse//  This one is a bit sweet, so I don't tend to favor it. I think it is great for spring, or someone a bit younger- it has a youthful vibe to it! One spray goes a long way!

Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle// This is fresh and light and just deliciously summertime. This is one of those scents that when I wear it, people stop and ask what I'm wearing. It seems as though it is most definitely a crowd pleaser. Plus, I love how long it lasts while I'm wearing it.

For the guys// Terre D'Hermes, Prada L'HommeGucci Guilty, Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb, Jo Malone Oud and Bergamot.

A lot of these perfumes that I mentioned are ones I have been wearing for years (like the Chanel Chance and The Des Vignes) and a few are new like the Jo Malone scents. You can find all of them at Nordstrom, which as always, offers free shipping and returns! So if you try a scent and don't like it, you don't have to worry about suffering through it- you can always return! Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

Another one I think you may like is "Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet" (not the original Miss Dior). It's one of my favorites, and probably the most "sophisticated" scent that I own. It's floral but not too strong; the notes are Sicilian orange essence, pink peony, damascus rose, and white musks. I LOVE the peony, and the subtle musk really gives it that extra "something" in my opinion. Definitely worth a spray next time you're at the perfume counter if you've never tried it!

Lauren said...

Love how you have your fragrance tray arranged!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure