Thursday, October 12, 2017

Lately 10/12/2017

With this week's update, I bring good news about my apartment. I am glad to report that it is in tip top shape!! All of the work was finally finished in my apartment on Monday and then it was up to me to get everything cleaned and organized. 

I'll be honest, my patience was tested more than a few times this week, but it's all good! PHEW. So glad that's over with and now I feel so renewed and relaxed that everything is as perfect as it is going to get! 

This weekend, I have drinks/dinner plans to a place I haven't been in a while. I'm going to a really cool charity sale that my Grammie volunteers for... I'm SO excited for the sale. It's antiques... everything from china to furniture! I am going to need to restrain myself because I don't need anything/have nowhere to put anything!! Also, my aunt and uncle are in town, so I'll be glad to spend some time with them. 

Wearing: I was sent these jeans and I think they're my most favorite jeans EVER. Seriously. They're slightly cropped at the ankle which makes it easy to wear with pretty much any shoe, they have a ton of stretch in them without losing their shape after a wear, and they're pretty high waisted and have a panel in the front that really sucks you in and gives you a good shape. They're beyond comfortable, they might as well be leggings. Online they're showing as a lighter wash, but I definitely think they're much darker in person. They also run big. I am wearing a size 2 and they're fine everywhere but slightly big in the waist. Also, this pullover is amazing. If you can, check my insta stories and you can see me talking about it there. It's inexpensive and comes in a few colors. I got a size small!
Silk Blouse// Faux suede skirt (it's burgundy- hard to tell in this photo!)
Wearing II: I wore this out to dinner last Friday night. We were in Lexington, KY and went to the Julep Cup! It was hot in Kentucky so this was a great way to 'look like fall' without having to wear heavy pieces.

Eating: Pumpkin. Spice. Shredded. Wheat. Surely this is like eating candy for breakfast, but it is SO good. If you like pumpkin spice, run to the store and grab these. I'm addicted (insert pig emoji here).
Eating II: I loveee homemade tacos. I make it at least once a month if not more. I usually use ground turkey for meat and sometimes I'll just make a 'bowl'. But my secret with the meat is to use a low sodium taco seasoning packet and a can of green chiles. I find that the chiles make it so much more flavorful! Also another favorite for taco night? Taco bell mild sauce. Probably really bad for you but it's soooooo good. 

Drinking: I posted this cocktail recipe last October and I think I'm going to make it again this weekend! It's the absolute perfect fall drink and is a real crowd pleaser!

Reading: This print campaign is pretty darn cool... and that's saying a lot in 2017! 

Sale-ing: Dermstore is having 20% off site-wide through 10/16 (use code FRIENDS). If you aren't familiar, it's a great site to score all of your favorite skincare and makeup products. I ordered the mini Baume de Rose by Terry balm that everyone is talking about. I got the small size because it is pricey, so I wanted to make sure it's worth the hype before I purchase the full size. It ends up being only $15.20 and you get free shipping. 

Watching:
Who else is totally into How To Get Away With Murder and This Is Us?! I am behind on This Is Us. I hope to be able to catch up this weekend! 

Listening: I just started October's playlist... a little late, I know! But I honestly haven't been listening to much lately. I feel like I've had so much going on that I haven't really had a long drive or quiet time to myself to focus on music. Which is something I need to make time for because I love finding new music! 

Loving: My newest obsession is M-61's powerglow peel (also here and here). Seriously they are life changing. I use them primarily when I travel because they are individually wrapped, but just bought the larger box of them because even if I just use them once, they make my skin look amazing the next day. They are a little drying, though, so make sure you're moisturizing while using them. They reduce my breakouts and take care of current break outs but also make my pores look smaller and just make my skin look overall clearer.

Loving II: Did you see Tory Burch's collaboration with Kenneth Jay Lane? Such fun pieces, don't you think? 

Wanting:
 I don't need this down coat at all, but I absolutely love it! I'm also eyeing these slippers. I need a new pair- my other pair has been so loved, it's time to get rid of them.  These bow flats FINALLY came out and I am just swooning. I remember seeing them during fashion week and pinning them and now they're finally here. I am trying to hold off on buying much right now since I'll be in Paris a month from now! This parka is back this year and in a few new colors. I have the gray and my mom has the black. We both love them SO much. 

Traveling: I'm staying put this weekend, but next weekend I am headed to Charlotte with my parents to visit Callie and celebrate my mom's birthday! I'm so excited! 

Quoting: 'You can't calm the storm so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.'// See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Gold Clutter said...

I love your pullover! It looks so soft.

http://www.goldclutter.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure