Monday, August 14, 2017

Wear To Work: The Best Pants for the Working Woman








Lip Color (my favorite neutral, ever!!!)// Sunglasses
Similar Necklace// Louis Vuitton Speedy 30
You just saw this blouse (runs big, size down) last week and today I'm styling it in a totally different way: a wear-to-work outfit! I've partnered with Nordstrom again to show you how you get a lot of wear out of the same pieces in your closet! 

Each week, so many of you reach out and ask me to post some work outfits. Last week I shared some of my top workwear staples, so this week I thought I would style a workwear staple of mine: The Callie Pant.  They are hands down the most flattering work pant I have ever come across and are well worth the higher price tag. They have a slimming seam down the front of each leg, they are cropped for just the right look with almost any shoe, they have a flat front that sucks you in and are made of a breathable and comfortable fabric. 

They come in 3 neutral color options. I have both the black and the navy. They run true to size. I am wearing a size 2. For this pant, you are going to want to get the perfect fit. This is a tailored pant and has very little stretch. They will look their absolute best on you if you choose the right size... in fact, I'd err on the smaller side rather than the larger. Reason being, if these pants are too big anywhere, they could potentially look frumpy.

In the photos above, you can see how I styled the blouse both tucked in and let out. I like it both ways, but think I prefer it tucked it. It's a little more professional looking. 

And lastly, you have all seen these shoes about a million times here on Summer Wind. I have them in a plethora of colors and swear by them. They are so lady like, a timeless wardrobe staple, and are beyond comfortable. They're definitely pricey, but I promise you, you'll love them! Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. 

More Workwear Pieces I Love:


5 comments:

Amanda @ Anchored to Sunshine said...

Those little bow shoes are so cute! I'm always looking for ones that are cute, but don't have too high of a heel since I walk to work.

WBH said...

I've always loved your blog, and get that Nordstrom sponsored the post, but really?!?!? Over $500 for a top and pants for one day of work is just excessive and totally and unnecessary -- and not even realistic for the majority of people in your age range

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi WBH,

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it and am so sorry you are frustrated! You might be surprised to learn that the average spend on Summer Wind is right around $200, so while it may seem pricey, this is right in line with my audience!

However, I definitely get your frustration, which is why I try to incorporate many posts where I feature more affordable items (pieces under $100), too! I actually just did a wear-to-work under $100 and you can find that here: http://summerwind41490.blogspot.com/2017/07/little-black-dress-under-100-for-work.html

I also like to share how you can wear the pricier pieces (like the blouse) that I feature in many different ways so you can get your wear out of them.... which is why I did two posts back to back featuring the same top: http://summerwind41490.blogspot.com/2017/08/how-to-dress-up-boyfriend-style-jeans.html

I know everyone has different budgets which is why I mix it up! I can't please everyone- so sometimes when I feature things at too low of a price point, I get flack from others who think it is too low quality. Please know, though, I strive to find a good balance and really work hard to find similar, lower priced items when possible... like in today's post, I featured the widget at the bottom with more of my favorite wear-to-work items at many different price points. Many of those pieces are well under $200!

I've also had the Callie pants for years- they are truly one of my most worn pants and a wardrobe staple. I've featured them many times before (example: http://summerwind41490.blogspot.com/2017/02/wear-to-work-outfit-inspiration.html), and according to my analytics, many people love them, too! I have even actually had several e-mails from readers letting me know just how much they love the Callie pant! I really work hard to share the things that I truly love and wear often.

I also read a lot of blogs that feature items often out of my price range, but I love reading them for inspiration!

And lastly, just so you know, Nordstrom sponsored this post, but does not gift items. I paid for these pieces with my own money!

Hope this clarifies things a bit, and again, I really appreciate you leaving your feedback. I definitely have plans to share more affordable outfits as I often have in the past! If you have any other constructive criticism, please feel free to e-mail me at SummerWind41490@gmail.com. I'll try my best to accommodate any requests you may have! Thanks so much for reading, WBH, I appreciate it!

Xo,
Sydney

Maria said...

Hi Sydney!
What color of the Dior Lip Balm do you use/like the most?
Thank you!!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Maria!

My favorites are both pink and berry! Xo

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure