Monday, May 1, 2017

The Best Athletic Shorts for Workouts and Leisure


Sneakers c/o 

Today I'm sharing my favorite shorts for working out and athleisure! Whether I am running errands, going for a long leisurely walk, or getting my sweat on, these shorts have become a new-to-me favorite. 

I've mentioned these shorts in a few past posts, and I've shared that I love them because they're not only well-made and comfortable, but they are also longer than most athletic shorts. I don't like super short shorts, so finding something a little longer than usual was a priority for me. Surprisingly, a longer length is hard to find! These are a solid 4", which is sometimes an entire inch longer than a lot of other options out there! 

I know when I mentioned that I prefer a more modest length in athletic shorts, many of you agreed, so I knew this was definitely something I should share!

As far as sizing goes, I am wearing my typical size 6. This brand's sizing is a little goofy sometimes, so I recommend going with your usual size or heading into the store to try them on! They come in a bunch of colors and prints, too! I've already washed them a few times and they wash well, which is an added bonus. 

I have a pair in white and then went back for white. I also wanted to order navy blue but they were out of stock in my size. I was doing a little shopping in Shadyside this weekend with my friend Aly and we popped into Athleta. I had never shopped the brand before but knew a lot of friends who love the brand. 

We tried on a ton of stuff and I honestly loved it all. But... I found ANOTHER short that might be even better (and $14 cheaper). I bought them immediately as they are 4.5" in length! They're almost identical to my black and white pairs, too. I'll have to see how they handle a workout and wash before I say that they're better, so I'll be sure to report back!

And lastly, I wanted to highlight these amazing sneakers. They are SO comfortable. I've been wearing them around for about 2 months now and really couldn't recommend them more! The shoes are water repellent and have a really good grip- so for any of those who do sports outside and often in the rain, these are for you! I also love that they are fitted to my foot and really breathable and lightweight. They're also under $90 and come in gray if you are looking for something more neutral!  

3 comments:

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

I have a pair of Lululemon shorts, but not this style. Definitely want to give these a try! And Athleta is another athleisure brand that I love to shop! I recently got a pair of pants that are a little high waisted and don't move at all when I'm working out. They have some of my favorite tanks too!

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Unknown said...

You read my mind! I'm in the market for some new shorts. Thanks.

Unknown said...

So cute! Unfortunately the Lulu shorts are sold out in my size in every color online - guess I'll have to stop by the store to check on my size.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure