Thursday, April 27, 2017

Lately 4/27/2017

Eating: I've been following what What's Gaby Cooking for a while now on instagram and her food pics are seriously drool worthy. As I've become more comfortable in the kitchen, I've been open to trying new recipes. This one isn't a hard one at all, but it's certainly delicious. It's burrata pizza and I could not recommend it more! Definitely not great for the wasitline, but the calories are more than worth it, I promise! 

Reading: This AdWeek article where Ikea pokes fun at Balenciaga. It's too good. 

Reading II: Anyone that lives close to the East Coast, read this article about ticks and lyme disease. I've seen several news articles and segments on TV about this and it's important to be wary... especially with your pets, too!! 

Laughing: I would like to meet someone who would actually buy these $425 jeans that actually look like someone rolled around in the mud. Distressed denim, I get, but 'fake dirt'?! It's making its way around the internet with memes and even making news stories! 

Loving: Have you seen the Draper James x Jack Rogers collaboration, yet? There are three pairs: one with 'hello darlin' embroidery, a gingham pair, and a seersucker pair. SO cute. 

Loving II: Bridal Fashion Week has come and gone. I don't keep up with it that much, but I follow several of the designers on Instagram. Oscar De La Renta, one of my favorites, created one of the most stunning dresses I have ever seen. You can see it in this article (it's slide #21). Cannot get over how incredible it is!!! '

Watching: I just finished 13 Reasons Why. There is a reason it is the most tweeted about show of all time. It's really good and addicting. You can stream it on Netflix. I also watched Hidden Figures this weekend and it was amazing. I could not recommend it more. It's powerful and inspiring and overall, the film is really well done. 

Watching II: When I first watched this video for Amazon Echo Look, I truly thought it was a joke. But nope, it's legit. Does anyone else find this beyond creepy?! The marketing behind it is genius, no doubt, but still, V creepy.
Loving: Not too too much on my radar this week, but here are a few things that I have had my eye on! 

Wearing: I did a super quick mini-try on of some new arrivals on Snapchat last night (you can see all of the items linked in the right sidebar!). You can still catch it (@SummerWind41490) if you watch before 6pm ET. But I really wanted to highlight these linen shorts. The quality is so great, but the price is even better! They are currently on sale down to $31.50 (use code BIGSALE for 30% off your purchase). After receiving my first pair, I went back and ordered pink and white, too. They are really flattering and look put-together but feel like wearing pajamas (or nike tempo shorts).... and that is saying a lot for me, because I typically don't wear shorts during the summer months. I more so lean toward dresses, skirts and white jeans! A big tip, though: they run really big. Definitely size down at least one size.

Listening: I just started on May's playlist (jumping the gun, I know) but I only have a few songs, so I'll be sure to share when it is worthy! This past weekend I went to the Chainsmokers concert and it was SO good. This was my third time seeing them and this was just as good if not better than the other two times! Definitely, check them out if they come to your city!

Spend vs. Save
Spend vs. Save: Usually when I feature a spend vs. save it's for accessories or shoes. However, this time around, I found the most perfect dupe for a dress I've been eyeing for over a year! I've been dying for this blue and white striped dress which is actually currently on sale (for $400, still). It's still too pricey for me to buy for no reason, but I found something that has almost the same look for a fraction of the price (Under $150!!). Now to find a dupe for this $600 stunner... 

Quoting: 'You are on my mind, in between red lights and meetings, in between sips of coffee, in between ringing phones...' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Mariah Rickard said...

That bow tank from your snapchat is so adorable!

http://moosmusing.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure