Thursday, January 5, 2017

Lately 1/5/2017

Coat Here (Photo from yesterday's Instagram)

First Lately post of 2017! I don't know what it is, but I am feeling refreshed and ready for 2017. I think just having a fresh calendar to work with is reason enough to be excited. The pages are wrinkle-free, no coffee spills/stains on any of the pages, the paper is still bright and free of tears.... sounds a little nuts (and lame) that I am this excited, but really, it's the little things!

Blogging: Check back here after 8am to see alllllllll the Lilly Pulitzer picks in the after party sale! Who's got their alarm set for 8am sharp?! 

Loving: Again, it's the little things. This mug has to be the best ever. As much as I love cute mugs, I value practicality more. For example, I have this Anthropologie mug (pretty sure everyone and their mother has one of these, ha!), and while it's so cute, it's super thick and heavy. I find it annoying to drink from. This mug is huge but not 'too big'. I also love that it's not too weighty or thick, but also not dainty. It's just the perfect everyday basic mug.

Wearing: You guys, everyone should get this coat. Not only is it stunning, very Audrey Hepburn, and well-made, but it's well under $100 on sale!!! I'm not typically one to go for printed coats or bright colored coats, but this one is a stunner. It has a ruffle in the back that is really the icing on the cake. I'm wearing an XS for reference (I'd say if anything it runs big, but more so TTS). I have a full outfit post coming with this coat, but I thought I'd get it up here now because they're low in stock!

Eating: I've posted this really quick and easy recipe before, but thought I would share it again since some of you have probably created healthy eating new year's resolutions and when I posted it to Snapchat the other day (SummerWind41490) soooo many of you screenshotted it! All you need is three things and they're all inexpensive, healthy, and feed at least 4 people. You can get everything at Trader Joe's. You'll need: 1 large spaghetti squash, sweet Italian chicken sausage, pasta sauce (whatever kind you like, you could even make your own). Bake spaghetti squash at 400 for about 25-30 mins (sprinkle with olive oil and garlic salt and place face down on baking sheet), sautee chopped up sausage until fully cooked, add pasta sauce to pan and let it warm up (this takes all of 1 minute). Once spaghetti squash is cooked, pull apart with fork, add to large pan with sauce and sausage and voila! It's healthy and takes care of that pasta craving without eating actual pasta. When I make it for just myself, I have leftovers for days and it tastes just the same when reheated. I am a huge veggie lover and I actually prefer the spaghetti squash to actual pasta.

Drinking: I included this in 'The Best of 2016's Lately' post, but I've never gone into detail. If you love love love coffee, then you must try Starbuck's clover brewed coffee. I love a bold, dark coffee and drink it black, so this was totally right up my alley. I have no idea what the machine does, but the coffee tastes a million and one times better. It's so smooth (almost creamy, even) and the acidity seems much lower than a typical cup! Also the flavor is majorly enhanced. Not all Starbucks have a clover machine, so you have to ask, but it's so worth a try; you won't be disappointed!

Wanting: That clover machine I talked about in the paragraph above. Sadly, at about $15k, it's a little out of my coffee budget, ha!

Watching: Hellllloooooo Bachelor Mondays. Seriously, when did I become one of 'those girls'... actually, I'll tell you, it was Jojo's season. My friends got me into it and now I'm very into it. It's basically the worst best show. It's just what you need to unwind after a winter's Monday! Anyone else hooked?!

Loving: This article talks about hanging out with your mom more often and how that leads to a longer life! I didn't have to read this article to know that that is true. I find spending time with my parents extremely important and is one of the top priorities in my life. Just Monday I had lunch with them! I am lucky to only live about 15 minutes away from them. It was a choice I made and I've never once regretted it. I remember reading this article a few years ago. The topic that the article discusses truly makes me sad to think about, but it really gives you some perspective about life in general. And sometimes I think that it is necessary to remind yourself of the most important values in your life. So Mom, what are we doing this weekend?!

Listening: I love all types of music, but I've never been super into rap. There are artists and certain songs that I love, but overall, I'd say that is my least favorite genre. Post Malone is one of the rap (really more hip-hop than rap) artists that I love, though! He just came out with a new album and I am obsessed. My two favorites are I Fall Apart and Leave. Currently working on January's playlist and will share it next week!

Sale-ing: Two really great pairs of booties are currently on sale (these and these). Both pairs are under $100. I have this pair in brown and just bought it in black because I love them so much. I find them to be really flattering and leg lengthening.

Reading: Pittsburgh: The Story of an American City by Stefan Lorant. I found the original 1964 version at my parent's house (it has a different cover than the current version available for purchase) over the holidays and I am obsessed. This starts at the very beginning of Pittsburgh's history and works up to 'present day' (present being 1964). Not only is it a really interesting read with tons of history and fun facts, but the photos are priceless. It's crazy to read the end when it talks about where Pittsburgh is headed. It's interesting but at the same time gave me some laughs. It's a huge book so I am nowhere near finished, but it's totally worth the $15 (probably the biggest coffee table book I own, too!).

Pittsburgh-ing: Trying out a new restaurant this weekend, Social House 7. It's located on 7th in the Cultural District. It has received mixed reviews, so I am anxious to try it. It's owned by AMPD group, which owns some of my lesser favorite restaurants in the city (think Steel Cactus, Local, Ten Penny). While I typically don't love the food, they do drinks, ambiance, location, and decor well, so I have high hopes for Social House 7! I'll be sure to report back!


Quoting: Quote via.  See more of my favorites, here

1 comment:

Dana said...

Ahhhh I just bought this coat! I wish I would have known you got an XS - I picked up a S (probably just should have asked you, lol). It's so perfect on you!

Pink Champagne Problems

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure