Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lately 1/26/2017


Wearing: You guys. I am IN LOVE with this maxi skirt. This is just a quick iPhone snap, a full outfit post will be up next week, but I just couldn't wait to share until then! You can't tell in this iPhone photo, but the white stripes are actually textured making it look even more gorgeous and luxe in person!

Wanting: Like last week, I haven't really found too much, but hoping some new arrivals start to arrive at retailers with the start of February! Can you believe the second month of the year is next week?!

Recommending: My friend, Gina, recommended this really amazing app called 'Think Dirty'. You can scan all of your beauty products and see if they have ingredients such as carcinogens or something that could interfere with fertility or allergies. It's really good. I downloaded it immediately!

Eating: I've been compiling recipes and keeping a 'meal diary' that I plan on sharing here, soon. So keep an eye out for that!

Listening: I'm not really a podcast listener but came across Peter Kafka's Recode Media series and it's my new favorite thing. He talks to and interviews some of the most interesting and influential people in media and technology. I put it on while I work and tune in and out. It's definitely worth checking out if you are in PR/Digital media. 

Watching: Have you seen this futuristic mockup video of the Hyperloop system? I've been following along with Elon Musk's ideas behind this for a while now and really want this to become a reality ASAP!




Photos by Meaghan Elliot
Pittsburgh-ing: I'm often asked by so many of you about bridal shops/wedding venues/etc. in Pittsburgh, so today I'm sharing one of my Pittsburgh favorites, Bella Bridesmaid (located in the South Hills). I met the owner, Bridget Pope a few years back and she is so sweet! She also has amazing knowledge about the bridal industry. It's definitely the first place I would recommend when looking for bridesmaids dresses in Pittsburgh because they carry so many different styles and colors.


Loving: I've mentioned in the past how much I love the Mac Whirl lipliner and now you can buy the lipstick and liner as a set and save about $5. That's a major win. This is one of those very neutral colors (not nude at all, though) that adds just a slight color to your lips (really just accentuates your own lip color).

Quoting:  Ok you guys were BEYOND amazing in sending in your favorite quotes from yesterday's post! I was poring through them all last night and they're so good. So I'll start sharing some of my favorites each week! 'Spread love wherever you go, let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.'

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

I'm so excited for the post with that gorgeous skirt!! It looks so glamorous! And I hadn't heard of the hyperloop before but that is SO fascinating. I hope it becomes a reality; that would be so incredible!

Just Jess said...

I have been to the Bella Bridesmaids here in Raleigh and I agree, it's the perfect place to go to if you are searching for bridesmaid dresses. Jess at Just Jess

Gold Clutter said...

Think Dirty is great. It makes checking for chemicals super easy.

Unknown said...

LOVE this skirt!! And all of those sequin dresses are amazing. Such a cute boutique :)

Brittany :)
www.kingdomofsequins.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure