Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Best of 2016: Drugstore Products


I've shared my favorite lip colors and favorite makeup products and today I am sharing my favorite drugstore products. Truth be told, when it comes to beauty, I'm not much of a drugstore shopper, but I have found some tried and true favorites that are worth noting. I'd love to hear your suggestions, too!

These products are all something I use weekly, if not daily. All of the products I've been using for at least 90 days, but most of them, I've been using for years! 


best products from the drugstore with reviews
Shop the Products:

Curel Ultra Lotion// I've been using this for forever. It's super thick and creamy but not oily and dries on skin quickly. I use it after every shower all over! 

Botanics Toner// Callie introduced this to me recently. I usually use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Toner, but I think this one actually does a better job! I swipe it over my entire face right after I wash my face.

Nyx Concealer// I bought this as a recommendation from Callie. I ran out of my favorite Nars concealer and didn't have time to get to a Sephora, so I ran into Target and picked up a few shades of this. I think it's directly comparable to my Nars concealers. The only issue I have with buying drugstore makeup is that you can't try the shades, so it's really a shot in the dark when buying a shade. They're so cheap, though, I bought 5 shades! 

Vaseline Lip Balm// I love this. I keep a tub in my bathroom and at my bedside. During the day, it's nice to wear because it gives a very subtle shine!

Neutrogena Makeup Wipes// I've been using these since high school. They never let me down and always remove all of my makeup. 

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm// My favorite lip balm, I have about 10 scattered all over the place from my car to kitchen drawer to various handbags. I use it nightly, too.

Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser// I keep this cleanser in my shower and use it when I need to remove my makeup. I use this to remove the makeup, but then follow up with other go-to cleansers (you can read all about my skincare routine, here). 

Batiste Dry Shampoo// I'm truly not a fan of dry shampoo. I have such thick hair, that when my hair gets oily, that means I definitely need to wash it because it probably has been at least 3 days since its last wash. However, I keep this one on hand when I am in a pinch. Like when I'm going to do something athletic where my hair needs to be washed but there's no point because I'll just wash it afterward. This gives it the pick-me-up I need for a short period of time. 

Degree Motion Sense// This is the only deodorant I've found to work and work really well. It's a solid/powder and it truly lasts all day long. 

Dessange Hair Oil// Holy-grail of hair products right here. If you use hair oil, this is the best! I put it on damp hair before I blow-dry/straighten but also after it is dry, too! It tames frizz and makes my hair look shiny and healthy!

Conair Ceramic Iron// I've been using this iron since I learned how to curl my hair circa 2005. It's never failed me. I have it in all different sizes, but the sizes I use the most are the 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". 

It's a 10 Leave-In// I've written about this in the past. It's amazing and I use it daily. I use it on damp hair, post-shower. It' smells so good and makes my hair so easy to brush. 

Garnier Micellar Water// So many brands make this and it shocks me how some of them are so pricey. There's no reason you need to buy the 'luxury' version of this product since it is so basic. This Garnier version works wonders. I use it to remove excess makeup that my Neutrogena wipes may have missed and it is also great to put on a q-tip and clean around my eyelashes (I have lash extensions!).

Dove Shampoo and Conditioner// Hairdressers everywhere are cringing that I am saying Dove Shampoo is the best. But it really is. I have always used Dove. I get it at Costco in the giant pump bottles. I love the fresh smell and it just gets the job done. 

Neutrogena Rainbath// Such a great body wash. It's unisex so it's great for guys and girls. It has a light, fresh scent and doesn't leave any residue behind. My mom used to use this on us when we were younger (like baby-young) and every time I smell it, it reminds me of my youth. 

2 comments:

Haley A. said...

Love that you are a drugstore shampoo girl too! I laughed when you said hairdressers were cringing, because mine does the same ;) But if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?!

Lauren said...

Love, love, love, It's a 10 products!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure