Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lately 12/15/2016

I snapped this photo the other night while at the William Penn Hotel. It's just blocks away from me and their speakeasy bar is one of my favorites. Not to mention, they're Christmas decor is some of the best in the city!

Loving: Tuckernuck just launched a line of incredible jewelry! I love each and every piece-- one of each, please ;) But I especially love these earrings and this necklace!
Wanting: I'm starting to get out of Christmas-mode when it comes to shopping for clothes. Usually around this time I get a little burned out... not from Christmas itself, but just from all the theme-y clothing/accessories. So this mix is slightly refreshing with some great basics and a fun color palette!

Watching: If this video of 3rd graders dancing to Jackson 5 doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will! This is too cute and they absolutely NAILED IT!

Watching II: Since I finished Westworld, I was looking for a new show to watch. Several people recommended The Night Of on HBO. Once I watched the first episode, I was hooked. There are only 8 hour-long episodes and I've already watched 7 (embarrassing) in just the past few days. It's not something I typically watch (although I find myself saying that about a lot of shows lately, ahem, Stranger Things and Westworld), but it's really well done. It's a murder mystery, with tons of twists and turns. It's so worth the watch, however, I will warn you, the show is dark and somewhat graphic. For me, it was hard to watch at some points. It's one of those shows where you have to watch a 'happy' show afterward (Friends is my go-to), because it's just that dark and unsettling.


Listening: I LOVE that Spotify created the top songs of 2016 (just for you!). Mine is SO good and so on point. It's especially fun because, for me, songs remind me of time periods in my life or exact moments, so listening to the playlist was a little like reliving my year and reminding me of all the great moments throughout. You should definitely check yours out, but I'm also embedding mine for you to listen. It's super eclectic and I really think it represents my musical taste better than I could have ever done myself!

Reading: 50 of the greatest sentences ever written. Some, I think are on point, and others, not so much, but fun to read!

Traveling: Headed to D.C. for the weekend with my parents and sister. It's my Christmas gift to them! Be sure to follow along on Snapchat (SummerWind41490) and Instagram!

Eating: Trader Joe's steamed chicken soup dumplings. These are SO good, take 2 minutes to heat up in the microwave and are the perfect thing for a cold and snowy day. They're also low in calories, too!






Pittsburgh-ing: I finally made it to one of Pittsburgh's newest restaurants, Pork and Beans, which is off of Penn on 6th Street (in the Cultural District). I was so excited about this because I loveeee meat and this place is all about just that! The atmosphere is really cool-- it's very laidback but also hip and trendy at the same time. The aesthetic definitely fits the 'smoked meats' menu very well. We started off with the Pimento cheese which was amazing and served with an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers, we got the buffalo mac and cheese and then the pastrami pork belly and brisket. All I can say is that this place lives up to the hype. The food was good, the drinks good, and the atmosphere, really fun!

Quoting: If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business, not kindness. // See more of my favorites, here

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The third grade video is so cute and I love tnucks new line of jewelry !

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Laura Baker Busic said...

I love your "quoting" this week! That's something that's so important to remember, especially around the holidays. xoxx

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure