Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Favorite Things


One// Two


I started compiling a list in my phone over a year ago of things that I have in my closet that are my most loved and used/worn pieces. I wanted to make the list in hopes to share it with all of you. However, the list is long, long, long! Far too long to cram into one blog post. So I thought I would share the list little-by-little. It's like my own version of Oprah's Favorite Things list.

I'll share around 6 items per week (in no particular category or order) and I'll go over, in detail, why I love them, where to get them, sizing, quality, etc. I think this will be good timing, too, because most of the items would make nice holiday gifts! 

Once I compiled the list, it was interesting to see the bigger picture. Some things I noticed were that many of the items were unisex or appropriate for all ages. Another thing I noticed was that most items were neutral and most were at higher price points (over $100). I also noticed that most things are always offered at most of the retailers yearly. 

Ralph Lauren Cashmere Cable-knit Sweater// I've collected this sweater in all of the neutral colors over the years and they are my most worn sweaters. You can wear them year-round, they look super polished, but they're also great to just toss in a tote to have an extra layer on hand. They have a bunch of different fits, but my favorite is the classic fit which runs true to size. While pricey, the quality is unmatched and they hold up so well! 
Hunter Rain Boots// I held off on getting these for a really long time. It was one of those things where everyone had them and it bothered me. But, I finally gave in and no wonder everyone has them-- they're great! The quality is wonderful, the look is classic and understated and they're very functional. I personally think the hunter green is the color to get. But I really like the red for a pop of color! As for sizing, they only run in whole sizes, so size down if you are between sizes (but you'll want some room for a thick sock or liner!). 

David Yurman Cable Bracelet// My love for David Yurman started in high school. It was the 'trend' to wear all of your cable bracelets at once and continued to be a 'trend' in college, too. I have several; however, I typically wear one at a time and usually prefer my cable classic with gold domes. It goes with everything and is understated and classic. Another pricey piece, but makes for a wonderful gift for bigger occasions like graduations, big birthdays, life milestones, etc. 

Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers// My dad has always had a pair of these so I knew they were a classic. They made a comeback in a big way over the past few years, especially in the fashion industry. While they're popular right now, they are a comfortable, classic, well-made sneaker that pairs well with anything. I especially love wearing them while traveling. They run large. You could easily size down an entire size. My favorite is the classic green, but they do make them in navy and red, too. They're also unisex and appropriate for all ages-- my entire family wears them (it's a little embarrassing when we all show up with them on!). 
Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses// You know something is good when you lose it multiple times and always go back to replace it. I have seriously lost 3 pairs of these (and I never lose anything!)... I actually think I may be cursed. But I keep coming back for them. They're my favorite pair of sunglasses.. and again, unisex! I think the only way to go is with the tortoise and gold frame and with green lenses. It's a classic. 
Saint James Breton Striped Shirt// One of the most worn items in my closet. I wear it year-round. I love it with white jeans in the summer and layered with a sweater or flannel and jeans in the winter. It's a thick, heavy cotton which is very high quality. One of my shirts is over 5 years old and looks like it has never been worn! 

4 comments:

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

I'd love to invest in another cashmere sweater like this classic from Ralph Lauren! And David Yurman is beautiful. You're right in that it's great for a special occasion. I got a bracelet for my graduation and a ring for a birthday, so they both have special meaning and memories associated with them.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Maureen said...

HA....so far our list is exactly the same and I've had some of these items since before you were born! Classics never disappoint!

Rebecca said...

I love the hunter boots! They look so comfortable ;)
xoxo from http://becciqueeen.blogspot.de

Chic in Carolina said...

I adore striped shirts too and wear my Yurman bracelets everyday- mine were my grandmother's! I also really want a pair of Hunters as they make any outfit look super cute!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure