Monday, October 10, 2016

Black Tunic Sweater + Boyfriend Jeans + Bow Flats



Ferragamo Varina





I'm definitely a believer in the phrase 'the simpler, the better' and that especially applies to when I get dressed in the morning. I don't like a ton of jewelry or embellishments in my everyday wardrobe. I like to keep it simple and classic! 

Today I'm featuring this really comfortable tunic sweater. I had ordered it on a whim. It's under $40 and 55 cotton/45 acrylic. Typically, I try to stay away from acrylic, but the price was so low and I had been looking for a longer sweater to pair with leggings, so I thought, why not?! As soon as I got it, I loved it. It doesn't feel 'cheap' at all and doesn't look it either. 

It comes in a bunch of other colors, my next choice would be the navy or the grey heather shades. It pairs well with leggings but also can be a little more dressed up like I have it styled in the outfit above. I wore this to walk to grab dinner one night. I didn't have any big plans, just grabbing food with friends at a super casual restaurant on a whim and this was the perfect thing to wear because it was comfortable and casual but still looked nice and put together. It runs true to size, but it's definitely oversize, so if you are looking for something slightly more fitted, I'd definitely suggest sizing down!

As for the jeans, you last saw them, here. I really love them. They were a bit of a splurge for me, but the amazing fit is unparalleled. I am in a size 27 for reference. I especially love wearing these jeans with heels for a chic, modern look!

And last but not least, my Ferragamo varinas. I've featured these shoes and varas in various colors over the years. They are truly my favorite shoe in the world. I've written a ton about them in the past, so I won't go into too much detail, but if you are going to splurge on a designer flat, these should be your pick! Not only are they classic and ladylike but they are incredibly well made, too! If you are wondering between the vara and the varina, there are two main differences. The varina is the true ballet flat with a flat sole and a grosgrain bow at the toe. The vara is what I would still consider a 'flat', but the heel is a 1 1/4" block. I personally love the look of the varina, but find the vara more comfortable. I have crazy arches and the varas are truly the only shoes that make me feel totally comfortable all day long. 

1 comment:

Dana said...

Love this laid back look - that sweater does look perfect for leggings!

Pink Champagne Problems

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure