Monday, June 6, 2016

Ruffles and Gingham in Pittsburgh







I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! This past weekend, I was soooo lazy. I haven't been that low-key in a while and it was so refreshing! 

However, last weekend, during the long weekend, my parents met me downtown and we walked over to Tako. They had never been before and I had been talking about how amazing it is. It's necessary to make a reservation about a month in advance to assure a seat, but they have open seating in the bar. However, even the open seating is super hard to come by! Luckily, we scored some seats and I ordered all of my favorite things and they fell in love with the restaurant, too! 

It was super warm that evening, so it was a great excuse to rock my new gingham ruffle top! I absolutely love the classic Elizabeth shirt. It's so feminine and fun. It looks great with jeans for a casual outfit like you see above, but I also love it tucked into a skirt for a dressier look! 

The wicker and leather handbag I am holding has been my go-to bag in the past several weeks. It holds so much and looks so cute! I just love the luxe leather detail which really dresses up the bag! It comes in black and white, too, if you are looking for a different colorway! 

Lastly, I really wanted to wear my high wedge sandals, however, I knew we had to walk several blocks, so luckily, I remembered I got these gorgeous wedge sandals in the mail the other day! They have a low wedge and are incredibly comfortable. I actually just ordered my mom a pair, too, because she loves them so much. The slight metallic accents really make them fun to pair with everything from casual jeans to dresses and skirts. Definitely a great commuter shoe for the summer! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney, you had me at gingham, the popped collar and ruffled is so adorable. I'm copying this look stat. I hope you had a nice weekend!
XO,
Maria
MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

MODENOVA said...

You look beautiful! The perfect summer outfit!
Best, MODENOVA I www.modenova.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure