Friday, June 10, 2016

A Visit to Emy Mack + Affordable Little Black Dress

topshop little black dress under $60 in pittsburgh pa

lisi lerch tassel earrings tuckernuck

topshop little black dress under $60 in pittsburgh pa

chanel bag and emy mack shoes

chanel bag and emy mack shoes
Little Black Dress// Chanel Bag (similar)



This must be the week for photo heavy posts on Summer Wind! Today I'm sharing another post with tons of photos, but they're fun, I promise! 

I absolutely love this dress. I gravitate towards little black dresses in general (that is no surprise) but this one is so simple and so inexpensive, yet I feel so great in it! 

I love it for a cocktail party, for a night out with girlfriends, or even with flats and a cashmere wrap for a fun day out! The price is just right (under $60!) And the best part? It can be washed in a machine! It's not the nicest/best quality, but I purposefully bought it as a dress I can wear out at night and not care if I spill. It comes in a ton of colors, too, and even a cute leaf print! I am wearing a size 6 (the sizing is off and runs small).

True story: last weekend I was getting out of my Uber in Shadyside to go to a bar and as I was stepping out, my foot plunged right into a giant puddle. I was wearing these shoes and  needless to say, they needed major TLC the next day. So gross. So when I go out to bars at night with friends, I definitely don't wear my nicest things (for that example right there). 

Emy Mack Shoes shadyside

Emy Mack Shoes shadyside

Emy Mack Shoes shadyside pittsburgh

Emy Mack Shoes Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Emy Mack Shoes Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Emy Mack Shoes Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Emy Mack Shoes Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Emy Mack Shoes Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Speaking of Shadyside,  last month I went to the cutest boutique right off of Walnut Street called Emy Mack. The gorgeous shoes are all made in Italy in some of the same factories that designer shoes such as Valentino and Jimmy Choo are made! Emy, the designer, concentrated a lot on fit and how they feel on a woman's foot while making the shoes and that is very clear once you put an Emy Mack shoe on your foot. 

I chose the Emily Leopard Metallic shoe and they fit like a dream. I can wear them a full work day or dance all night in them and my feet never hurt. That's not only saying something for any shoe but especially saying something for a pointed-toe shoe. As for fit, they fit like most other high-end designer shoes, I typically wear an 8, and in Emy Mack, I wear a 38.5.

I had such a tough time choosing which pair to go home with because every single pair was perfect. Everything was high quality, well-made, and most were cut in classic styles and colors which is exactly what I look for in a shoe. My second runner up was this pair of blue flats. I just loved them and will probably choose them next time I stop in! 

If you are in Pittsburgh, it's a place you must visit. Pittsburgh lacks a lot of fashion and shopping options, but I love that Emy Mack is really changing that! The boutique also has pop-up shops featuring other designers, and then upstairs, they have a vast sale selection to choose from! Post, Emy Mack, pop into one of my favorites, Mercurio's for a scoop of gelato!

Emy Mack
723 Filbert Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-5pm

If you're not in Pittsburgh, that's ok! Emy Mack is in many boutiques around the country and you can also order online just like any other online store

4 comments:

Erin said...

That dress is perfect!

Her Heartland Soul
herheartlandsoul.com

R's Rue said...

Love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Just Jess said...

I love that dress! I think I will need to check out Emy Mack ASAP! Jess at Just Jess

Unknown said...

AMAZING shoes!! I love them all.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure