Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lately 5/19/2016

A note about the shorts: They run very big (size down 2 sizes) as of posting this, there are a few pairs left in size 25-- which is the size I am wearing... and they're on sale!



Wearing: Both of these outfits I wore while I was in Kentucky for my sister's graduation! I am obsessed with this gorgeous Devon Baer silk dress! I wore it to my sister's graduation dinner in Kentucky at the Julep Cup! I love that it has the 'scarf' already pre-attached. The mixed patterns look so great together! 

Sale Alert: Jack Rogers are under $90 in two really great, neutral colorways! Also on sale, this gorgeous lace dress. If you love the Self Portrait lace dresses, but not the price tag, this one looks almost identical for much less!

Listening: Hanson's rendition of the National Anthem. Remember Isaac, Zack, and Taylor?! In typical Hanson style, they sang an amazing harmonized version of the Star Spangled Banner... sooo good. Which then lead me listening to all of my favorite jams from Mmm Bop to Where's the Love. My sister and I were so obsessed with Hanson... even that is an understatement. I will never forget that we were in Atlanta in 1998 visiting my aunt and uncle and my parents surprised my sister and me with tickets to see Hanson at Lakewood Amphitheater. It's truly a time I will never forget in my life because my sister and I were so beyond excited. I remember they got us tee shirts and the smallest size they had was so big on Callie (she was 4 at the time) that it almost dragged on the floor when she wore it. Good times. 

Traveling: As you're reading this I am in Napa, California with Krista, Krista's sister, Courtney, and Sarah! I've never been to Napa before, so I'm very excited.... especially for all the wine ;) Be sure to follow along on Snapchat (SummerWind41490) and Instagram!

Wanting: Right now I really need something for my TV to sit on, whether that be a console/dresser/etc, I don't know. I've been looking high and low but haven't found anything I love yet. Same goes for 2 end tables for my couch. Haven't found anything I am crazy about, yet, but always looking! Scroll through above to see some of the other things I've had my eye on! 


Loving: Bare Minerals has come out with some new products and I am loving them. I've always been such a fan of BM products and these are fantastic. My favorite of the 4 I am sharing today is the Powder duo. The white powder on the left is a matte setting powder and the powder on the right is a slightly shimmery highlighting powder. This is great for touch-ups on-the-go, but I use the left powder to set my concealer and then the right to highlight! 

Loving II: Mrs. Jones' Soapbox products. You know you're a legit adult when you are loving cleaning products, haha! I was sent some to try a few weeks ago and love the products. They are all-natural and eco-friendly... not to mention they smell wonderful. They have no chemical scent at all. My favorite is the toilet bowl bombs. I am grossed out by cleaning a toilet (I mean aren't we all?!) and all you do is drop the tablet in the toilet; too easy! I'll be sharing and incorporating more tidbits like this as I find home products that I am loving. I would love to hear about any products that you love that I should check out!



Pittsburgh-ing: My Grammie turned 90 this week, so my extended family came into town and we had a big dinner at Eddie Merlot's downtown in Gateway Center. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The atmosphere kind of reminds me of a cruise ship... in the best way! The food is phenomenal, too. The beef carpaccio is the absolute best as is their creamed spinach. It was such a lovely evening and so much fun to celebrate my Grammie, who is the most wonderful woman in the world. If I am ever half the woman she is, I'll be happy. 

4 comments:

azamelis said...

Go eat at the girl and the fig while you're in the Sonoma Napa area! Delicious!!!!!

trg said...

Check out auctions for furniture pieces. One of my favorites is Morton Kuehnerts out of Houston. They have a couple of auctions monthly and you can shop online. You do have to pay for shipping but usually the piece is a bargain for what you get so adding a little more for shipping is not a huge deal. I have picked up a few gorgeous pieces this way for amazing prices.

Lauren said...

I hope you are having a great time in Cali!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Anonymous said...

90? God bless your Grammie.. I hope you all celebrated in a fine fashion....a big Sinatra fan here too... faves include You make me feel so young, I get a kick out of you, When I was 17 and of course Summer wind..

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure