Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lately 5/12/2016


Wearing: The other night I went to the club for dinner with my family and wore this great Ellie Kai dress. Ellie Kai is a really cool concept in that the dress is somewhat custom made for you! You can choose your colors and add-on embellishments! Not to mention the quality is high end and the dress was sooooo comfortable!


Loving: I've had this travel steamer for a while and always take it with me on the go, but just got this large at-home steamer and can't say enough great things about it! It's pretty inexpensive, too, when you're comparing models. This one seemed to have all the good reviews and one of my friends had it and recommended it to me, too! If you are looking for a great steamer, this is it! 


Reading: I've had Me Before You for a while but had yet to read it. I literally read all 480 pages in one night. I wanted to read it before the movie comes out! It was really good. I definitely recommend it. I won't talk about the plot at all, because when I read it, I really didn't know what it was about and just dove in. I was totally threw for a spin about half way in! I was also just sent these two books (here and here) and am excited to dig in! I have a flight to Napa next week and it will be great to spend the 5 hours in the air engrossed in a good book! 

Watching: The Me Before You trailer-- can't get enough! I really want to write what I think about the book, but I think it will give too much away! So after the movie comes out, I'll come back to my thoughts on it! 

Pittsburgh-ing: This is kind of stupid/random, but a Starbucks is in the Westin lobby downtown now! I'm so excited about this because it's literally steps away from my building!


Drinking: Schweppes Lemon Lime sparkling water. I am a big La Croix fan but decided to buy a case of this and it is AMAZING. It kicks La Croix's butt, that's for sure! I am obsessed and drink a can almost daily! I definitely recommend it. It's 0 calories and makes a good mixer for cocktails, too! 



Listening: May's playlist is off to a great start! I am obsessed with this song and this song! Does anyone have any recommendations? I usually like to pad my playlists when I travel (next week!). 


Wanting: I'm in full-on furniture/housewares mode, so I haven't been too much shopping otherwise, however, these are a few things I am loving lately!

Quoting: 'Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it.' - Belgicia Howell // Check out my Pinterest quote board, here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you'll be into it, but check out Purity Ring!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you'll be into it, but check out Purity Ring!

Haley A. said...

I'm so happy to see Modern Lovers on your list of future reads! I read The Vacationers by the same author last summer, and absolutely loved it (definitely recommend if you haven't read yet). I'd love to see a little review on some of the books you'll be reading :) Happy Thursday!

Lauren Reddington said...

Where are your shoes from in the first photo? I'm looking to up my summer sandals game :)

Unknown said...

Loving the pom pom shorts you picked! Good luck with getting settled in your new place :)

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Unknown said...

I would love to see a post on your new apartment. I am in the process of purchasing new accessories and a few new pieces of furniture to transition from college to a few years of living on my own. I am so excited to see how it comes together!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure