Friday, April 15, 2016

Thinking Spring in Yellow Houndstooth

j.mclaughlin spring 2016

LINDBROOK HOUNDSTOOTH SKIRT and RENATA SWEATER

mark and graham monogram daily leather bucket bag

RENATA SWEATER and LINDBROOK HOUNDSTOOTH SKIRT from J. McLaughlin
Sunglasses (price matched at 25% off)// Tassel Earrings 

Who else thinks that dressing for work during the spring months are the easiest? There is no need for tights (I loathe tights) so skirts and dresses are always appropriate/ Plus, there is enough chill in the air for sweaters and blazers without getting too hot! 

I really love today's outfit because I think it's the perfect spring work outfit. Not only is it appropriate for work, but I think depending on how you style the look, you could also wear it on a date, to a shower, or even a casual cocktail party. You can't really tell in these photos, but the yellow houndstooth skirt  via J. McLaughlin is made with textured fabric giving it a really upscale vibe. The texture of the skirt paired with the thicker tank style sweater is just perfect. As for sizing, both pieces run true to size. I am in a size small in the sweater and a size 2 in the skirt. 

I kept things minimal in the accessories department. The bucket bag is something I've had my eye on forever. It's made from a gorgeous tumbled leather with an understated gold foil monogram. My favorite part of the bag is that you can wear it with the shorter strap over your arm or shoulder or you can wear it like a crossbody as I have done in the photos above.  It's such a classic bag and felt perfect when paired with this classic outfit, too. 

I topped off the look with white tassel earrings. I thought the look was super classic and the tassel earrings added that fun element I was looking for! What are your go-to spring wardrobe essentials? 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful and you're right - definitely a great outfit for work. I love that bag, especially. I need a bag with my monogram in my life this instant.

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Unknown said...

Such a cute skirt!!
xo, Syd
anchoredinthesouth.com

Emily said...

I love this outfit! You're right about how easy it is to dress in the Spring! I am not a fan of tights, and dresses are such an easy outfit.

Emily
www.EmilyRiane.com

Unknown said...

This skirt is perfect for your Spring work wardrobe! Love it!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure