Tuesday, March 29, 2016

LA Travel Diary Day 3

In the past few weeks, I have shared day 1 of my trip to LA and Day 2! Today I am combining part of Day 2 and Day 3!

Ava and I got up early and headed to Alfred's Coffee and then we hit the road in our cute VW convertible bug to pick up Mia, Ava's sister at Champan University! It was so much fun to be able to walk around the campus. The weather was perfect and the university is so gorgeous! Going to school in Virginia, I didn't see too many palm trees on JMU's campus ;), so it was really cool to see a school so different than mine! I also loved Old Town Orange, which is just a few blocks from campus. It looks like the town is straight out of the 1950's.. so quaint and charming. 




We then headed back to LA to grab lunch. One of the coolest things about driving down to Orange County and back was driving on the highway and seeing huge snow capped mountains off in the distance, but also seeing the palm trees basking in the sun. So incredibly beautiful and definitely not something you see on the east coast! 

We went to lunch at Urth Caffe in Beverly Hills. It's the cutest little cafe that has everything from green juices and smoothies to espresso and pastries! They had so many delicious options on the menu, it was hard to decide! I got the caesar salad and it was fantastic! I loved all of the outdoor seating available. I was loving being able to sit outside at the beginning of February! 



After lunch, we drove around a lot. Having the convertible was the best thing ever. It was so fun to just drive around with the wind in our hair and explore the area. We stopped at Rodeo Drive, of course, and did a little window shopping! 



After exploring, we headed back to Ava's to get ready for the night! We started off at Spago in Beverly Hills which is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant. As we were sitting John Legend and Chrissy Teigen walked right passed us, it was pretty neat. The atmosphere was gorgeous and the drinks/small bites were phenomenal! If you are ever in LA, I definitely recommend Spago! 


We then headed to Katsuya for sushi. Katsuya is sushi restaurant right on Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood. We met up with our friend Jane who also went to our high school! We all had delicious drinks and sushi. The best part? They had crispy rice-- one of my absolute favorite dishes to order at sushi restaurants. It's tempura rice with spicy tuna on top and everywhere I go, I always order it-- it's THE BEST! This was a fun restaurant-- very hip and trendy! 

Right outside of the restaurant was the Walk of Stars. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was a little underwhelming... but I was very excited to have found Frank Sinatra's star! We ended the night at Davey Wayne's, a really cool 70's style bar. The entire bar concept was well done... it almost felt like you were at Disney World or on a movie set. To enter the bar, you walk through a refrigerator door. Once inside, there are different rooms like you would have in a house. The main area is the 'living room' and it looks like you walked on the set of That 70's Show! There was an outdoor patio and then a bar area with the wall covered in 70's paraphernalia. 

All in all, it was such a fun day. Stay tuned for the last day, Day 4! 

1 comment:

Kalee said...

I recently went to LA to visit my best friend who lives there and she took us to Davey Wayne's. This bar is by far the coolest bar I have ever been to! Anyone in the area should definitely check it out!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure