Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blue and White Striped Top and the Perfect White Jeans

Blow Your Mind Bustier Top

kayu straw tista clutch

tuckernuck blow your mind bustier top

stripe bustier top white jeans and manolo blahnik cork wedges

bauble bar ribbon letter monogram necklace




While I was in Hilton Head and Charleston, I wore this outfit twice because I love it so much! These photos were taken on the porch of Zero George one morning before we headed out to explore for the day. 


I think the top highlights itself in the photos because it's so pretty! It reminds me of a men's shirt, but reworked for a woman! I just love the classic preppy fabric and the fun, summertime cut! As for sizing, I am wearing a small, but there is a fitted insert in the bust to hold the top in place, which is tight. If you have a larger chest, I would 100% size up one size, maybe even two sizes depending on your chest size! If you are not a strapless fan, this shirt has a very similar 'vibe' but has a sleeveless design! The photo directly above is the outfit in action from the oyster roast at the Sonesta Resort on Hilton Head Island

The jeans are what I really want to highlight in this post. I've been wearing this pair from Lilly Pulitzer for 4 years now. While I love them, they've become a little loose in the ankles and no amount of washing and drying has been able to get them back to their original shape. 

I have been on the hunt for about a year for the perfect skinny jean. I find J.Crew's white denim fabric to be slightly translucent, which is a major deal breaker for me. I've also found other pairs to fit oddly. Even my go-to True Religion Halle jeans in white were no good! I had heard people swear by AG jeans so I tried those and I still found them to be slightly see-through! 

I finally found this pair and they are seriously perfect. They are well made with a thick denim material that is not at all see-through. It drives me nuts when you can visibly see the pockets through the material and you can't see the pockets at all with these jeans! They have a great fit and are nicely tapered at the ankle. They also have a good amount of stretch (but not too much stretch where it makes you feel like you are wearing a legging). I cannot recommend these jeans enough. They run very true to size, I am wearing my usual size 27. 

5 comments:

jennyluhu said...

For some reason the link to the white jeans won't work! Do you mind e-mailing me the link or posting the brand and style. I have been on the hunt for two years!!! I agree that so many our translucent which is my pet peeve!!!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Jennifer!

So sorry you are having issues with the link. I just checked and it worked for me, but here is the link for you: http://bit.ly/1SxM2A7

They are called the Verdugo by Paige! Hope this helps :) Thanks so much for reading! xoxo

Jordan A said...

I love this outfit! So chic and summery!
Jordan @ NorthShoreProper.com

Chrisy said...

I love this look! And, since strapless isn't the style I usually go for, thank you for linking the sleeveless top/alternative!!

Unknown said...

I really love your top. It's perfect for the summertime!

I appreciate the detailed tips about white denim. I run into the same issue about translucency but I'm happy to hear of the Paige jeans you linked. I might just have to snag a pair of my own!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure