Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lately

Photo from last year, view of Central Park from Hearst Tower

Today I'm headed to New York for a long weekend to go to some fashion week shows and events and spend time with my bff, Eugenia, who lives there! I love visiting each year but it can also be slightly stressful, navigating from show-to-show, being self conscious about what you are wearing, networking, etc. It sounds trivial (which is kind of is), but sometimes people can be downright rude! But I try not to get involved in all of the hype and just do what I want and be on my own schedule. It's also great to have made some good blogging friends in the past several years. Going to shows and events with friends is so much better than going alone, that's for sure! Be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Snapchat (SummerWind41490)!



Wearing: Scroll above to see some of the things I will be wearing this long weekend in New York!

Smelling: Peter Thomas Roth's lotion might be one of my favorite scents ever. I use it on my hands every night!

Watching: Android: 100 Billion Words. I love this ad campaign. It's so well done. Bravo, Android.

Eating: Trader Joe's Mini Brie Bites. You've probably caught a glimpse of them on my snapchat (SummerWind41490) several times now, but they are the best. I love brie, but I don't like the strong flavor that a lot of brie rinds can have. This brie doesn't have a strong rind at all, and is just wonderful with pita crackers for an afternoon snack!

Drinking: I don't really drink too many martinis in the summer, but I love a good Hendrick's extra dirty martini. If you are a gin drinker like me, definitely try Hendrick's. It's my favorite for a martini! If you are in Pittsburgh, Soba has the best dirty martinis in the city. I just introduced my BFF, Eugenia, to them this past weekend and she loved them! 

Listening: Even though we are a third of the way through September (what the heck!!!), I've only just started September's playlist. It's not getting very extensive because I can't find too much that I am loving, but it's worth a listen! If you work out, this song and this song are two good ones to keep you going! Let me know if you are loving any songs lately, I'm always looking for recommendations!

Pittsburgh-ing: Bella Notte on Penn Ave. in the Strip District. This place has the best buffalo chicken pizza I've ever had. It's kind of a hole in the wall, but great for taking a break after a Saturday morning of checking out all of the markets. I'm working on a Pittsburgh Restaurant Guide that will be up next week. I get asked a lot by readers what my favorite restaurants and bars are, so I'm making a comprehensive list compromised only of places I have been to and love, so stay tuned!



Reading: Mitford at the Fashion Zoo. Illustrated by my favorite artist, Donald Robertson. It is adorable! I bought two copies. One copy I plan on framing some of the whimsical illustrations for a small gallery wall! He will be in Manhattan for fashion week and I packed my book just so I can go see him and have him sign it (OMG!).



Wanting: SO into fall right now, obviously. I seem to want everything, but surprisingly, I'm practicing very good self control ;) 

5 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

Have a great time! Love your picks, I snagged that J.Crew skirt too.

Jillian said...

I hope you have a fabulous fashion week! Maybe we'll cross paths and get a chance to meet! I love following along with your blog!
XO, Jillian
http://rhymeandreason-jillian.com/

Erin said...

Have a blast at NYFW! Now I'm craving some brie!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

I am obsessed with the fall items this year. Great for the closet and bad for the wallet. I've added both a olive and buffalo plaid vest to my collection and I can't wait for the heat to break to wear them!

Lauren said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at NYFW!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure