Monday, June 1, 2015

The Perfect Little Black Dress (LBD)





little black dress under $200
chanel bag and lbd



little black dress and pearls for a ladylike look


OPI Big apple red, cartier love ring and hermes bangle
Little Black Dress// Ellsworth and Ivey Cream Cape
Bow d'orsay heels (less pricey version here and here)// Chanel Bag (inexpensive version
Sunglasses// Watch // Margaret Elizabeth Bracelet 
Lip color// powder compact 

You last saw this gorgeous Ellsworth and Ivey cream cape, here. I've gotten a lot of wear out of it lately. It's the perfect extra layer in the mornings and evenings. I wore this outfit to work one day because I had a fun happy hour event to attend post-work. I wanted to look nice and dressed up and this LBD was perfect. I am wearing a size 2 in this dress and it fits like it was made for me. If you are between sizes, I would suggest sizing down. 

This dress is amazing because it's a bit dressy because of the gorgeous fabric (you can tell a bit in the last photo), however, you can easily dress it down with flat sandals and less accessories. It's also something I think you can wear for 3 seasons (spring, summer, fall), making it well worth the price. It's a timeless, flattering cut, which is what originally drew me to the dress. This is one of those dresses that makes me feel fabulous and confident as soon as I put it on... I have a hard time finding pieces that make me feel this way, so when I do, I get very excited! 

I wouldn't normally wear this high of a heel at work, so I brought along my Jack Rogers to wear while walking to work and to wear for portions of the day. Then, I slipped on my favorite pair of heels. I rarely last an entire work day in heels, so having a flat shoe underneath my desk is always a must. 


2 comments:

Erin said...

That dress with that cape = total Olivia Pope outfit!!! I love it!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Chic in Carolina said...

Such a gorgeous outfit, Sydney! Your heels are one of my dream pairs of shoes!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure