Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Best Beauty Products of 2014


On a daily basis, I don't wear much makeup, but sometimes I enjoy getting all dolled up for a night out or special occasion. These are my favorite products of 2014. I'd love to hear what your can't-live-without products are, too! I'm always looking to try new things.

It's thicker than anything I've ever used, so you only need to use a tiny bit. It offers a ton of coverage and is easy to apply with a sponge

2. Applicator Sponge
This is basically the same thing as the BeautyBlender, but it's Sephora's version and $8 cheaper. Not to mention, I just got one of these in the past few months and it has entirely changed my makeup application... not even exaggerating. Any 'wet' product (ex. marajuca concealer), I use this sponge to blend it in. This is a MUST in my opinion. You're actually supposed to wet the sponge before applying your makeup, but I don't do that. I just pat the concealer on my face where needed and then lightly blend with the sponge (dry). 
3. Tarte Airbrush Foundation 
I've been using this for all of 2014 and I love it. It's just loose powder but goes on easily and dispenses clean. Not to mention, it provides coverage, but it's not over the top. 
4. Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener
I use this as a highlighter. It has light coverage and is creamy and easy to blend. It's also great for your skin. Instead of just around my eyes, I use this as an all over highlighter and apply according to this diagram. Bare Minerals sent me this product and I will now be a life long user... definitely another must in my book. 
5. BareMinerals Bare Skin Perfecting Veil
This is a lifesaver because I have oily skin. I keep this in my handbag and apply throughout the day. It makes my skin look flawless! 
6. BareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara
I think I've tried just about every mascara that exists. This is the. best. 
7. YSL Rouge Pur Couture
I have this in Corail Fauve and this is my favorite lip product. I always have a tube of this with me. I put it on in the morning and 
8. Wet Brush
I have super thick hair and this is such a lifesaver. I keep one in my travel bag, one in my beach/pool bag and one in my bathroom at all times. It makes brushing my hair right after I get out of the shower so easy. 

9. Anastasia Brow Wiz
I saved the best for last, that's for sure. I am such an eyebrow person and this just adds the most perfect finishing touch to any makeup routine. I carry this with me in my handbag most of the time and use it almost daily. It's so so so easy to use which is probably the biggest reason I love it-- you almost can't mess up! 

Ok, so dish, what are your favorite products. Recommend away, because I love trying out new things! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the YSL lipstick!

http://www.bluelabelsboutique.com/collections/accessories

Farrah said...

I have super sensitive skin and find Physician's Formula bronzer and highlighting concealer (for my dark circles) to be my essentials.! I'm kinda lazy about the rest of my look so I do brown eyeliner and bright lipstick of some sort as my lips are my best feature. My stepdaughter works at Sephora and raves on Anastasia products!

Lauren said...

I love the Wet Brush it is amazing!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure