Monday, November 10, 2014

Thanksgiving Dress









Do you ever get something for a specific occasion, but get so excited about it, that you literally cannot wait to wear it? Well... that's what happened with this dress. The amazing team at Elizabeth McKay sent me this dress, and I had planned on sporting it for Thanksgiving...but ended up wearing it this past weekend. 

I think the blue and brown combo make for a perfect Thanksgiving ensemble, but it was also great to throw on for drinks at the Le Mont. The restaurant has (in my opinion) the best view in the city. It's elegant, in a very ornate way. The restaurant itself could use some updating and it draws a bit of an older crowd, but I am a big fan of their stunning bar area with floor to ceiling windows. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they make a killer Hendrick's dirty martini. 

This is hands-down, the place I take all my out of town guests. I had some college guy friends in from out of town two weekends ago and took them to the Le Mont bar for drinks before dinner and they loved it. They couldn't get enough of the view-- which is definitely something that the city is known for. 

If you are an Elizabeth McKay fan, like me, their sizing runs a little on the larger size. I wear a size two which fits like a glove for me. You'll probably want to choose the smaller size if you are generally in between sizes. Not to mention, if you haven't shopped Elizabeth McKay before, her pieces are high quality-- no detail left untouched on each of her pieces!


Scroll through the widget above to see some of my other favorite picks. Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

6 comments:

My Life as A Plate said...

Gorgeous dress!! Perfect for Thanksgiving. I love the LeMont such a great spot to bring out of town guests. If you haven't been try Altius, up the hill from the LeMont, their view may be even better ( if that is possible) and their food and drinks are incredible.

Dana said...

You make that coat more and more appealing - thinking I need to make the splurge!

Pink Champagne Problems

N. said...

great look :)

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

Such a gorgeous dress. After seeing your Instagram photo, I told my mom we have to go to Le Mont for my graduation dinner.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Rachel said...

Hello,

Beautiful dress! How tall are you? It would give me a good idea for length when I buy items that you post!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Hi Rachel! I am 5'6"!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure