Friday, September 26, 2014

Wear to Work








Sharing another wear-to-work outfit (see my last one, here). I know many have been requesting some more 20-something work appropriate outfits. I'm all about being appropriately dressed at the office, but I also refuse to wear the typical non-iron button down shirt + black 'slacks' look that is notorious in corporate offices. 
Some staple pieces: 
Cashmere Sweaters
The one I am wearing in this particular post is the cashmere Audrey sweater. I own it in several colors. It's warm and cozy but also has a great fit and flattering neckline. I also sport these on the weekends. Cashmere at this price is definitely a steal! Edited to add: Talbots is having a buy one get one 50% sale on all tops, including sweaters this weekend! Great time to stock up! 
Pencil Skirts
A classic black pencil skirt can be appropriate, but it is so much more fun when it is in different colors and textures. Now is the perfect time to sport a tweed skirt and this one from J. McLaughlin is a new favorite. 
Comfortable and Cute Shoes 
Because there is nothing worse then wobbling in sky high heels and looking ridiculous or sitting at your desk and thinking about how badly your feet hurt. These bow shoes from Talbots might be the most comfortable shoe ever, plus the bow is as cute as can be, but still polished enough for a professional setting. Not to mention, I often reach for a pointy toe because it elongates the leg. 
Classic Jewelry
These pearls from The Pearl Source were sent to me and I love them. A simple, single strand of pearls is the definition of classic, understated elegance. Not to mention, after being introduced to The Pearl Source, I've realized it's a great resource for those looking for a gorgeous strand of pearls on a budget. I wear my David Yurman petite albion ring daily and have recently been adding this diamond band from Anjolee. They're both not too show-y and add just the right amount of sparkle to my outfit. Don't get me wrong, I love a good statement necklace, but there's something about the classics that I am always drawn to. 
A Simple Tote
Do I need to sing more praises for my Mansur Gavriel tote? It's my fave ever.
What are your go-to work pieces? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute. I love that the skirt can be worn with blue or black.

Sasha Reilly said...

So funny that you posted about this sweater today...Talbot's is having a 'buy one get one half off' sale this weekend for all sweaters!

Kellyinthecity said...

Your tote is gorgeous, girl! Love it. :)

xx
Kelly
kellyinthecity.com

Kellyinthecity said...

Your tote is gorgeous, girl! Love it. :)

xx
Kelly
kellyinthecity.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! That skirt is incredible. I love the color and love that it is tweed. Plus every time i see you wearing that bag, I just want to run out and get the tote bag too! I have the bucket bag and am obsessed with it.

www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure