Friday, February 28, 2014

Andora Pittsburgh

If you are hungry, then you should probably stop reading because I'm talking about the wonderful wine tasting event I attended at Andora. It was a 4-course dinner and each course was paired with a South African wine. I had never been to Andora before and I am now their newest fan. We were seated in the private room, but the entire restaurant was beautiful. I can't wait until warm weather arrives so I can sit outside on their pretty patio-- they have a fun happy hour! 

Each course was beautifully presented and so delicious. It was really neat to have the chef talk about the food and then the sommelier tell us more about the wine. Harissa, in the third course, was the red sauce that is the South African version of ketchup. It was beyond fabulous-- I really like spicy foods and this had a nice kick to it! And pinotage was by far my favorite wine from the dinner. It's apparently a hybrid red wine created in South Africa. It's like a bolder pinot noir. Yum




On me: TopSkirt/ Tights/ Shoes/ Coat (similar)/ Scarf
My bff, Dana, and I had to go straight from work to dinner so we dressed work appropriate but still dressed up! It was such a fun night and we were SO full and very happy after all of that wine :) Doesn't Dana look adorable? She is dating a boy from England so she always finds the cutest things across the pond (like her cute green bag)! Andora does these wine dinners once a month, but space is limited, so make reservations quickly! I can't wait to attend another one! Have a fabulous day! 
Andora on Urbanspoon
Yours, 

1 comment:

Jubilee said...

The ribeye looks amazing! I've always wanted to go to SAFA - on my bucket list!

Check out my event planning blog:

http://jubileeparties.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure