Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Wind Favorite: Okra

Dried Okra

Pickled Okra

I love all vegetables (well, ok, I actually dislike mushrooms), but okra takes the cake. To me, it is the most delicious vegetable ever. I love finding new ways to consume this green legume. For example, I devour Fresh Market's dried okra and their pickled okra almost daily. Yum! 
okra
Other fun ways to get your daily dose of okra:
James Madison, where I went to school, was rated #3 best food in the country. Well you better believe they had the best fried okra-- it was a good thing D-Hall was all you can eat ;) ! Do you love okra? What is your favorite way to prepare it?  Don't forget to enter the Ame and Lulu Boat Tote giveaway! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

5 comments:

prince snow farm said...

This Northern gardening girl has never had okra! Guess it's time!

My Life as A Plate said...

YUM! I love okra! We tried to grow some in our mini garden this year, but it didn't do so well. I guess okra needs the hot southern sun.
I heard Fresh Market is amazing, now I have an excuse to go to try some of the dried okra.

movingtostcroix said...

I love fried okra! It is THE best! But I'm from Texas so everything is better fried. :) My mom makes it in a Fry Daddy which is so much easier than a skillet, but I cannot justify buying a deep fryer!

Lainey said...

I love okra! I love when it is fresh this time of year. Slice it up toss it in some oil and greek seasoning and pop it in the oven to roast it. So yummy!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Bryce just made pickled okra last weekend...we'll have to see how it turns out!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure