Wednesday, April 17, 2013

23 Feels Great: Thank You!

My sweet friends got me a cake and adorned it with a pink and green "23". They know me too well... I am so excited to visit one of my favorite spas and get the massage that mPl and bSm gave me-- What thoughtful friends I have! 

No birthday is complete without sushi. I tried Penn Avenue Fish Company (the Forbes location) for the first time and I am in love. The seaweed salad was to die for. Any place that brings me lobster with a candle is fabulous in my book. 

Whiskey sours were had at the Capital Grille. Definitely one of my favorite bars (and restaurants) in Pittsburgh, mainly for the aesthetics. Think large, gorgeous paintings of horses and hunt scenes, wood paneled walls, white tablecloths. Classic, old school-- my kind of place. And please, who can resist those giant lions outside? 


I made a cameo in the Tribune Review last week and one of my besties, kBm, cracked me up when she handed me a bottle of champers with myself cut out. It is so her to do something quirky like that and it gave me a good laugh! Thanks, kBm! 

My Birthday weekend was filled with fabulous family, friends, drinks, and treats! Thank you to everyone for all of the kind e-mails, tweets, comments, etc. for my 23rd year! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

2 comments:

My Life as A Plate said...

Penn Ave Fish Company is the best!!! I don't think I have ever had a bad meal there, I love how fresh everything tastes, yum!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds like an awesome birthday! the cake is so cute!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure