Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fa la la la la

Getting in the Christmas spirit can, sometimes, be tough. I remember when dealing with finals, many times, Christmas had to be put on the back burner. Here is Summer Wind's fool proof way to get yourself into the Christmas spirit! 

Step 1
Put on Pandora Christmas. My favorites are Wynton Marsalis, Frank Sinatra and Steve Tyrell holiday stations. (See my favorite Christmas tunes, here). 

Step 2
Have a hot drink. Starbucks hot chocolate is one of my favorite holiday beverages! 

Step 3
Add a fun wallpaper to your phone! I love Ashley Brooke Design's illustrations each month. December's is too cute! 

Step 4


Christmastime
Dress in your holiday best! Pile on the pearls, pull out your glitter heels, throw on your red skirt and festive plaids! 

Step 5

Pop in your favorite Christmas movie. My top 10 are:
  1. Home Alone
  2. Charlie Brown Christmas
  3. Eloise at Christmastime
  4. The Polar Express
  5. Elf
  6. Miracle on 34th Street
  7. It's a Wonderful Life
  8. A Christmas Story
  9. The Holiday 
  10. The Santa Clause 
  11. Honorable mention: Rudolph (Rankin Bass)
Step 6
Do something charitable. Last year, my sorority adopted children for the day and took them Christmas shopping. I took out a little girl and got her fun presents and we also picked out gifts for her brother. It was so much fun for me to hang out with a little girl for the day and I am sure she had a blast as well. 

This year, I donated to FEED Projects which was started by Lauren Bush. I love charities that support children so this was one of the reasons I chose FEED. "1 in 7 go to bed hungry every night", this is a sad, sad, statistic... everyone deserves a good meal everyday, especially children that cannot provide for themselves. 

There are tons of other organizations that you can donate money, supplies or time. Shriner's Hospital is something that my family and I support wholeheartedly. My dad and grandfather are Shriner's and part of their masonic lodge and this is something that they work hard to support. 

Another charity near and dear to my heart is the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation. ZTAF is responsible for NFL pink out games, Breast Cancer Awareness month, Yoplait Lids and Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  

Step 7 
Instead of painting the town red, paint your nails red! Below are some of my top red shades for the holiday season:
What are your favorite things to get you in the holiday spirit? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

5 comments:

Molly said...

I really enjoyed this list. I'm not typically big into Christmas, but I'm really trying to get in the spirit this year!

Cotton said...

Similar to your phone wallpaper--I lvoe making new desktop wallpapers each month (sometimes bi-weekly!) with a mini calendar in the corner and a seasonal/inspirational quote!

Lindsey said...

These are some of my favorites, too! My roommate and I adopted an Angel Tree child this year. Also, there's nothing better than a Starbucks red cup while studying for finals!!

Hopsy said...

I love this! We are on the same page too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love some of your holiday movie choices! Home Alone is a classic!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure