Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gatsby

Baz Luhrmann's newest masterpiece, The Great Gatsby comes out Christmas Day 2012. I am so excited! Remember the 1974 version with Mia Farrow and Robert Redford? Sure, F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote a great novel, and Francis Ford Coppola helped to create a film masterpiece, however, I remember the first time I watched it in 10th grade (or was it 11th?) in one of my english classes and all I could focus on were the gorgeous clothes! 

Fast forward 38 years and the newest version is coming out in theaters. The '20's styled clothes are back in action. Ralph Lauren's spring 2012 collection made a huge nod to the Gatsby time period and his fall 2012 collection is no different... Fun Fact: Lauren designed the costumes for the 1974 film and the 2012 costumes are designed by Brooks Brothers.

Ralph Lauren Fall 2012 looks via RalphLauren.com.
Each one of Ralph's pieces leans towards the style of the roaring '20's and even has an art deco twist. The gold gown on the top right is stunning and the folds/cut on the top half of the dress look like it would fit in at one of Gatsby's parties.
Ralph isn't the only one reminiscing the 1920's. This cloche from Brooks Brothers looks like something Daisy would wear. For more information about the film and the costumes for the 2012 movie, check out this article from Fashionista.com.
 Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

6 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

should be a fantastic movie! can't wait for the costumes!

Haley said...

I am SOO excited. Top of my Christmas to-do list. I downloaded the song from the trailer and am listening on repeat almost!

Tory Banknell said...

Cannot wait for this movie, will be hard to top the original but an eagerly anticipating seeing Leo as Gatsby!

Grace said...

I freaked out when I saw the trailer for this! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this movie either!! I think I read yesterday though that the release date was pushed back to Summer 2013 :(

Kate said...

I heard the same thing as Anonymous-they are pushing the movie back to summer 2013 :(

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure