Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend


I had the best 4th of July weekend showing bEw around Pittsburgh. He's been many times before but I still love showing a "foreigner"around my favorite city.
We ate great food-- My parents made some great dinners (thanks mom and dad!) and we enjoyed some of my favorite local eats as well!
Me, bEw and cCm at the Le Mont on Grandview Avenue on Mt. Washington. It is the best restaurant in Pittsburgh and has the best view too! I loved my Candy Silk Print Bustier from J. McLaughlin so much that I knew I had to sport it again (a rarity in the Summer Wind world-- I don't like repeating outfits!). For anyone who is interested, it is currently on sale (a 4 letter word we fully embrace here at SW).
The Three Rivers Regatta just happened to have been going on and the Kenny Chesney Concert as well, so it was really neat to stand outside on a lookout and be able to hear Kenny and grab a drink at the bar and see all of the boats! If you are at all into Regatta's, it is well worth the trip to Pittsburgh. It is the largest inland regatta in the United States!
Daddy, Me and bEw enjoying the view... admittedly this picture was staged but I thought it would make a fun picture! I'm in love with  my dad's embroidered pants and bEw's pastel Brooks Brothers button down--Such well dressed gents!
I have a million pictures of the view from Mt. Washington and me posing with friends and other family from the lookouts, however, bEw and I had to get the requisite Mt. Washington pic!
How cute are my daddy and mom in this picture? The sunset was gorgeous that night! I'm in love with my mom's dress too-- my Grammie picked it out for her and it fits her perfectly!
And of course, the weekend wouldn't have been complete without showing bEw the Southside... limo style.
How were your 4th of July celebrations? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

12 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

looks like soo much fun! Such yummy food and gorgeous pictures-you look beautiful!

Linda said...

Such cute pictures. Looks like you had great weekend.

Kristine Elizabeth said...

I love that Brooks Brother's shirt! You look beautiful as well! I went down to The Point and the Kenny concert this weekend-- looks like you guys had fun!

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Dinner looks amazing :)

And your holiday weekend sounds like so much fun!! Great pictures!

caknitter said...

You two make such a sweet couple. Glad your 4th of July was a great one.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a fun weekend! That plate in the top pic has me licking my lips! Also, how cool to get to hear Kenny from that fabulous restaurant!

Unknown said...

Love your cute outfits!!

Megan said...

Where is your dress in the last picture from? I think I have the same one from Forever 21! :)

Caitlin C. said...

Looks like you had such a great weekend! And I loveee your J.McLaughlin top! And you're tan, girl :)

E said...

I had a great 4th of july as well! Just bbqed and went to the pool. It looks like yours was amazing as well! That food looks simply amazinggg

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty!! Everything looked so fun!

A.U.G. said...

Your view looked exceptional! I have only driven through Pittsburgh but would relish the opportunity to make the trek up the turnpike and visit.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure