Friday, June 24, 2011

Red, White and Blue


Fourth of July is just 10 days away, do you know what you're wearing yet?! I absolutely love the 4th and all of the celebration that comes along with it. The best part? Wearing our nations colors of course!
 This Forever 21 romper is extremely inexpensive! At $11.50 you can afford to wear this one day and never wear it again if you don't want to! This would be a great swim-suit cover-up or perfect for an extremely hot day!
I am obsessed with hair bows, and have become obsessed with Etsy because they have so many inexpensive and creative hair bows to choose from. This hair bow is only $4.75 from the Etsy boutique called A and J Accessories! Not into hair bows or don't have a mini to dress? Buy one as a gift for a little one that you know, at $4.75 it is inexpensive but is sure to brighten anyone's day!
This hair bow from a different seller is adorable as well! This would look so cute with a white shift dress and navy Jack Rogers. Or even a white polo, red grosgrain belt, and navy shorts! Better yet, it's under $4!
 Not into sporting your patriotic colors? Try baking with them! Martha Stewart has a ton of great recipes for the 4th on her website. I love the traditional flag sheet cake. So simple to make and feeds many!
I love, love, love sparklers, especially the idea of handing them out at your wedding...Oh wait... this post is about the 4th of July... Well, they're great for the 4th as well! Make sure you stock up and light them post-fireworks!
Did you get invited to a party and need a hostess gift? This neoprene wine koozie is the perfect thing! Grab your favorite bottle of pinot or chardonnay and add this koozie and you are all set to impress!

Preppy Feet

 summerwind41490

So you already have happy feet, so get preppy feet! The red and white striped espadrille flats are Kate Spade Lido for $98. Don't want to splurge? Try the Tinley Road Emylinn espadrille flat for only $29.50!
This Williams Sonoma apron will  make anyone want to cook! This makes for another great hostess gift idea or perfect for you to sport while making dinner!
 Last, but not least, True Winds' Skipper tote just happens to be red, white and blue! You know what tote I'll be sporting on the 4th, that's for sure! Don't forget to enter the True Wind giveaway... it ends this Sunday at midnight!
Do you have your red, white, and blue all picked out for the 4th? If not, you have 10 days, so start shopping! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

7 comments:

Lauren Honea said...

I love the 4th of July too! I just did a post on craft ideas for the 4th. You should check them out: http://laurengeiger.blogspot.com/2011/06/4th-of-july-craft-ideas.html

PS: LOVE the outfit and purse!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm already wondering what I'll be wearing - it might end up being two outfits - day and night -
just change at the Delray house and head out again!

Love the R, W, & B coozie!

Will have sparklers and glow-light necklaces, too-

Happy Friday-
Linda

Anonymous said...

PS- A True Wind tote would be so perfect!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love all your selections--I might have to try out that romper! And speaking of cute desserts for the 4th, last year the kids I nanny and I made Rice Krispy treats and added red and blue M&Ms and used a star cookie cutter to cut them out--they were delicious and patriotic, ha!

PS--I also now plan to have sparklers at my future wedding!

Katie Nowell said...

I wish I was wearing this for the fourth of july!

http://www.vineyardvines.com/product__126726_____14687_13051

♡ Mrs. BSK {Preppy Wife Preppy Life} said...

Such a cute post! This is my reminder than 4th of July is coming up. I totally forgot, I've been so busy with school. I'll have to look around. I seriously don't think I own anything red.

Laura Darling said...

Every July 4th I say I'm going to make one of those flag sheet cakes, and I never have. Maybe this will be my year!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure