Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pittsburgh Classics: The Grand Concourse

 Next up on your very own personal tour of Pittsburgh is my absolute favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh, The Grand Concourse. Whenever my parents ask me where I want to go for dinner, I always reply with The Grand Concourse. The Grand Concourse was originally a train station and now it is a gorgeous restaurant. It is located in Station Square which is an area right on the river with lots of shops and restaurants. Their speciality is seafood but they offer pastas and other dishes as well. I usually get the Atlantic Salmon or the Salmon Rockefeller and we always start off with mussels and oysters!Another great thing that they offer is Sunday Brunch which is incredible!
This is Daddy and I before going to the Grand Concourse for dinner this past summer. In the summer, dress is more casual, however, in the winter, it is a little more dressed up.
The building in the bottom middle of the above picture is the Grand Concourse. This picture was taken by me from Mt. Washington. Just like the Duquesne Club, The Grand Concourse is a historical landmark of Pittsburgh. If you don't feel like getting all dressed up and spending for dinner, you can always eat in the more casual "bar" called the Gandy Dancer. My favorite part about the Gandy Dancer is that on the weekends, they often have a piano player. When they do, I always request he play "Take 5" by Dave Brubek. If someone were to ask me where to eat, this restaurant would be atop my suggestion list. Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

P.S. Check out Kayce Hughe's blog! She is having a whole week of giveaways!!!! I love her clothing; I posted about it here. You can also go to the right of my blog in the sidebar and click her logo to check out all of her great clothing!
 

1 comment:

Bink said...

It's "Daddy and I" dear not "me" as you have it. Let's watch our English.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure