Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October: A Pumpkin Recipe

Happy October to everyone! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and celebrate the new month! Time is flying by! It feels like just yesterday I was laying by the pool at the country club-- oh how I miss it! Here is an excerpt from a post from last October that I thought would be perfect to share with you all again: Paul's Pumpkin Bars! (click here for original post)

A few years back, my mother came across this amazing recipe for pumpkin bars. They are called Paul's Pumpkin bars. As I've said in previous posts, I am in love with everything pumpkin. What better time for me to share this recipe with you all than fall! These are quick and easy to make, and the icing is delicious!! They are perfect to take to a fall bon-fire, a birthday treat for your child to bring to school, to send to your favorite college student, or just to spice up any dessert time or breakfast (yes I eat them in the morning with coffee, they pair so well together!).


INGREDIENTS
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ICING:
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
  3. Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool before frosting.
  4. To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars. Cut into squares.

My parents are coming down next weekend and I cannot wait to have my mom bring me some of these bars. She always makes them best! Have a fabulous weekend!!!
Yours,
sCe

7 comments:

miss mia said...

I am in love with all things pumpkin too! I made my first cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee this morning before class and it was divine! My mom makes a similar recipe except they're pumpkin muffins so I'll have to pass this along to her. Can't wait to make a trip to The Cheesecake Factory for some fabulous Pumpkin Spice cheesecake! Happy Fall!

Carole said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a terrific weekend.

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love all things pumpkin too! I'm going to have to try these soon!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Muffy said...

OMG! This sounds DELICIOUS!!! I'll need to make it right away!!!

AtlYankeeBelle said...

This makes me laugh. When I was in the 1st grade, my teacher gave this recipie out to all of us. My family has been making them ever since. When we lived overseas these were the most popular things at any holiday event. It pains me to know other people are making them, as they were our familys thing but I glad you enjoy them

caknitter said...

I'm going to have to make these very soon. They sound delicious!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You had me at pumpkin! That sounds amazing! And now I think I'm going to need to get a PSL from Starbuck's. : )

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure