Monday, July 26, 2010

The "F" Word

Don't worry.. this post is totally G rated! The "F" word I'm talking about is a particular season that just may be coming up, however, I cannot bring myself to actually type the entire word out due to it still being JULY. I actually love the first couple of weeks in August where I take requisite Target trips, mall trips, outlet jaunts, and the like to find things for back to school. It really is a great time because you get to have a lot of fun shopping for things that you actually need (okay so maybe I don't actually need another new pair of flats...) but nonetheless, I am a total nerd: I love back to school shopping. So I guess this post is another directed toward the college aged ladies (can I get a shout out?! only kidding!) . Here are several things that I cannot return to school without:
This may seem a little out of the ordinary but I get a lot of groceries before I depart pour l'ecole. I know it makes a lot more sense to grocery shop while actually in the same zip code as my school so I don't have to lug all of the food with me for the 5 hour drive, but I love having Market District brand products in my dorm. For all of 'yinz' who don't have a clue what I am talking about, Market District is a magical little huge grocery store for Pittsburghers that has tons of options and their own brand which is great as well. I find that having Market District products in my dorm make it feel a lot more homey than have WalMart brand products (I know, I know, I told you this was a bit odd). I like to stock up on French Roast coffee (I used to brew Starbucks French Roast but MD's is 10x better and I'm guessing it's 10x cheaper as well), chocolate covered almonds, pretzels, MD Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade (this is seriously the best drink), Flavor packets for water, papertowels, etc.

The Company Store down throw. I own it in sage and adding a monogram is only $6 extra. When it comes to this throw, I am like a 4 year old child that has to take their teddy bear everywhere with them. It is hands down the best blanket in the entire world. I leave it at the end of my bed for naps, take it on long car rides, and cuddle up with it when it's cold. If you have someone heading off to college, or need a care package idea this is the best idea I've got. I cannot say enough about how much I love my down throw. (And just when you're thinking that it will get stained and dirty and then you'll have to throw it out.. no worries! It is machine washable! And if that's not enough to sell ya, there is a lifetime guarantee.. see once you have one, there is no getting rid of it.)

This is on my wanted list. For $17.50 I say how can you pass it up! I love the white zin print because it seems to be the brightest, but I just can't decide! I would really like to see these in person before purchasing because I am very particular about my water bottles. When starting my blog, my second post was about my love for Camelbak water bottles. My Camelbak is now in water bottle heaven after discovering that yesterday the mouthpiece came completely off. I am most definitely going to be purchasing a new one ASAP because it is SO worth the $22. I had mine for 2 years and literally used it every single day (that's 730 days!). So while I won't be replacing my Camelbak with a Lilly water bottle, I will certainly give Lilly a chance!
Coasters! I am thinking that 99% of college students do not use coasters, especially on the school's dorm room furniture, but I can't help it but to always reach for a coaster when setting something down. I guess I was just brought up that way. Above is a picture of 2 coasters that I made in my senior year of high school in a graphic arts class. I keep them right in my desk drawer at school and one next to my bed so my drinkware is always elevated away from the furniture.
These are only some of my many back to school packing tips but I'll be sure to add more tips as back to school approaches. Next up is my vacation re-cap! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

*Don't forget to enter my headband and key ring GIVEAWAY! It ends on Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those water bottles are so cute! I personally have been looking everywhere for a Lilly coffee mug.

Annie said...

Those are REALLY cute coasters!!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I think you sold me on that throw! I might be out of college now but I am a sucker for a great blanket. Your coasters are too cute too!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I love Camelbak bottles and the Lilly ones also look so pretty.

I'm a huge fan of throw blankets and am always trying to buy a new one, so I may check out the ones from The Company Store. Thanks for sharing.

Girl with the Curlz said...

Loving those water bottles. I am sending you some awards, please stop by my blog :-)

Adie said...

I will have to get my daughter one of those blankets. I also love your coasters!

L.A.S. said...

Love those coasters you made! I used coasters all the time in college as well..because like you, it's my natual instinct from being raised that way.

Kate said...

I just bought the Lilly bottle :)

Those coasters are so cute!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure