Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm back!

cCm and I eating lunch by the water (that's my new LP find!)

I am so happy to be able to share my little weekend getaway with all of you (blogger is finally cooperating)! My family and I drove 5 hours to Annapolis and had lunch right by the water! We had the BEST crab dip in the world; I will be dreaming about it forever! Then I had a HUGE crab cake! We don't really have much crab around here, but I love it so much, I would eat it for every meal, and that's precisely what I did! After being in Annapolis with my family, I headed over to my big's house. It was such a great reunion, she is really the nicest girl and so fun to be around! When I got there, we threw on our suits, and went for a boat ride which included tubing! It was really fun, and her boat is TDF! We took the boat to dinner at a place right on the water and had a feast! We had crabs (it was the first time I actually ate a whole crab, usually I just eat the king crab legs) we had hush puppies, and I had more crab cakes. Everything was so delicious, we were stuffed afterward. Then, we got back and went to shop! It was my first time being in South Moon Under and I loved it. They had such cute clothes! I left with one shirt:I think this will look great with white capris!
We also stopped into her mall, which was nice, and had a lot more stores than mine! I got a few things from Victoria's Secret.. All bras were $15.99 and all panties were $2.99 so head over and check it out!
After shopping, we saw My Sister's Keeper. It was a really good movie, and I recommend it to all, but it is SO sad, you could hear sobs everywhere in the theater! I also wasn't used to seeing Cameron Diaz play such a dramatic role (in some parts she was downright mean) but nonetheless, she played her part well.
The next day we went to a great hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant, and it was seriously the BEST Mexican food I have ever had. I got chicken fajitas and they were delicious! We then layed out by her pool and got our tan on ;) and then met another girl that is in our sorority for dinner and shopping at Tyson's Corner Mall. It was about an hour drive, but SO worth it. The mall was amazing, I want to move to NoVa just for their mall! We all got some cute things and had dinner and California Pizza Kitchen. I had never been there before, the whole time I thought that it was a frozen pizza company! Well, I was wrong, the place was very busy but we got a table right away, I got the grilled vegetable salad with balsamic dressing and it was seriously the best salad ever!! I'm sure it's so simple to make it home, there were just marinated grilled veggies atop a bed of romaine lettuce all tossed in a delcious balsamic dressing. I will definitely be trying to recreate this salad in the coming weeks!
Sunday was the day I had to leave, we went to this wonderful restuarant that was so quaint. It was a house turned restaurant, and we sat on the porch. I had great cream of crab soup! My parents came to pick me up, and off we went. We stopped at a large outlet mall on the way home and was so glad that we did. I got so many good deals!!!

L to R: Madras shorts from Brooks Brothers, Khaki shorts from Brooks Brothers, Red shorts from Polo, and shoes that I got at Tyson's.

Khaki VV skirt that cCm bought me while in Georgetown, Navy polo shorts, seersucker Banana Republic shorts

Another view of my SMU top, a BR bathing suit, and an L.L. Bean cozy turtleneck

As you can very well see, the outlets were total success! It sounded like my parents and sister also had a wonderful time in D.C. They told me that they absolutely loved this restaurant called Oya. They said it was the best sushi they have ever had, so if you are in the D.C. area, check it out!

I'm glad to be back in the blogging world and hear about everyone's weekends which all sound so fun! Have a happy Monday!

Yours,
sCe

20 comments:

allison said...

You look so cute in your pictures. I want to see My Sisters Keeper too. My friend said it was really sad. I saw Cameron Diaz promoting it and wanted to see it since then.

- said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Tysons is close to me (unfortunately for my willpower) and has a good selection of stores. Love that SMU top!

Sierra said...

Outlets and crab dishes? Wow, sounds fabulous! Great shopping finds girl and glad blogger is being a bit more friendly!

Rachel said...

Wow...you were one busy girl this weekend! Sounds like you had a great time. You got some cute stuff while shopping :)

VanessasRunway said...

Sounds like a blast! Seafood & shopping - good deal! :)

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you got to eat so much crab while in good ol' MD, it's the best thing we've got going for us :)

What is the name of the hole in the wall Mexican place? I'm dying to know...Mexican food is my faaaave.

Anonymous said...

Crabs and Annapolis are some of the wonderful things I love about the area! You were probably at the South Moon Under down the street from my house!
It's great around here and looks like you had a fantastic time!

KAC said...

I LOVE all of the pictures and so glad you had such a great time! MMMM I could really go for some crab cakes right now!

MLD said...

Tysons.. my home away from home! Love it, even though it puts a big dent in my pocket! Sounds like a great weekend!

Blackeyed Susan said...

What a fun weekend of shopping! and seafood! sounds perfect :)

AEOT said...

What a great weekend!!! You look adorable in your dresses- such a cutie! Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love love love south moon under - the closest one to me is in Richmond (1.5 hrs away), but I stop by whenever I'm in town. Those are some awesome outlet finds!

Jules said...

Thank you for followng my blog! I love your's and I am following you now too.

You had my idea of a perfect weekend. Friends, fun, good food, shopping, swimming, movies...you really did it all!

I love South Moon Under. That is great that you got to go to one. I love all of your shopping finds :)

College Belle said...

What a fantastic weekend! I love those madras shorts, they are so cute! You hit quite the jackpot. I am glad you had such a lovely time!

Posh Peach said...

Sounds like you had such a wonderful time!! I love all your finds. Yay for sorority sisters, shopping, good food and fun!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Glad you got your pics to work, it looks like you had lots of fun! I love your new shoes & the turquoise top, cute. And I'm always so jealous of all the great outlets everyone else seems to have nearby - ours are awful, sigh! Glad you had a great weekend.

BRD said...

Tysons Corner is five minutes from where I grew up and currently live! I'm so glad you enjoyed it - you can't beat the shopping! I also love Annapolis - one of the preppiest cities in the country!

Where did you get your seersucker skirt? I have been looking for one!

--DC Prep

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

So fun! I love a good outlet day, and they can be few and far between! So you totally scored! Great pictures!

Kate said...

Tyson's is overwhelming (in a good way!).Love that place. South Moon Under is a great store. I got my favorite anchor hoodie there :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

xoxo

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure