Friday, July 31, 2009

Grilled Pizza

Saying that the pizza that bRc whipped up the other night is an understatement. Really, truly, it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had. How he knows how to cook so well is really a mystery! We don't have a recipe but here is how we did it (feeds about 3 to 4 people, prep and cook time about 30-45 minutes):
What you'll need:
-2 dough balls (we bought ours from our local grocer)
-EVO
-Fresh Basil
-Oregano
-Vodka sauce (ours came from a jar)
- Grilled Chicken (cut up into small pieces)
- 1 small onion (chopped into small chunks)
-1/2 red pepper (chopped into small chunks
-Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese (shredded, about 1 package)
- Fresh Asiago cheese shredded (about 1/2 cup, depending on how much you like)

1. Roll out the dough into a circular shape using your hands or a rolling pin.
2. Once into the pizza shape, place dough onto pizza sheet and at a thin coat of EVO
4. place a square of aluminum foil down onto the grill, and place the pizza dough on the pizza sheet onto the grill. Keep the dough on the girl until the crust somewhat forms
5. Sprinkle oregano onto the bare dough
6. Spread the vodka sauce around
7. Sautee onions and peppers and then place them atop the vodka sauce
8. Sprinkle freshly cut basil ontop of the sauce, onions, and peppers9. Sprinkle as much mozarella and cheddar cheese as you wish
10. Place back on the grill for about 10 more minutes (the bottom of the pizza should be turning a light brown color, and the cheese should be melted)
11. Add the chopped grilled chicken
12. Sprinkle the asiago on top of the grilled chicken
Bon Appetite!

Enjoy the recipe, it was really easy to make, and would be a fun meal to make if your children want to help you cook dinner one night. Tonight SYTYCD was on and they eliminated 2 and are now down to the top 4. My favorite is Jeanine! Also, college packing tips, and a giveaway just might be in the near future ;) I'll leave you with this great song "Off I Go" by Greg Laswell that one of my girlfriends showed me. It was in the season finale of Grey's Anatomy:



What do you think of it? I personally love it. I usually like the music from Grey's Anatomy, but this one is really unique I think.
Yours,
sCe

16 comments:

. said...

omg, that pizza looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

The name of this post sucked me right in! Ha! Looks really good and I bet it is fun to make too.

Rachel said...

I love Greg Laswell. He is wonderful. I recently (like two days ago) named my post after one of his songs. :)

Anonymous said...

I am off to make the pizza before 'Mec' (partner) sees your post and decides that it will be a good idea to make it ... Looks scrummy

Halftime Lessons said...

OMG now I'm frickin starving.

Damn you and your delicious blog.

;-)

Jay

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

That pizza sounds/looks delish! I've always kind of wondered how to grill a pizza....thanks for sharing!!

CTB said...

That pizza looks amazing!

I wasn't sad to see Melissa leave SYTYCD. I never cared for her. I like Janine too. I guess she is my favorite now that Janette is gone.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

That pizza does look really good. I like this song too. Have a great day! By the way, I am about to send you an invite to my blog. Is the email address on the right side of the blog the correct one to send an invite to?

Gwen said...

That looks so yummy!!! I'm definitely trying this recipe out. Thank you for sharing. :) XOXO

Brunch at Saks said...

The pizza sounds and looks so yummy! I might have to try out your recipe sometime this weekend! And I love that song! I am going to iTunes right now to buy it! Hope you have a great weekend lovey :) xo

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

That just looks delicious! And without a recipe! I am impressed!

XOXO

Kerry said...

The pizza looks amazing and thank you soooo much for the recipe! I love the song, Greys Anatomy always has the best music. Someof my favs from the show are Let Go by Frou Frou and By My Side by Unkle Bob! Have an awesome Friday!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I must admit that I usually like the music on Grey's as well. And that pizza! Wow, looks & sounds delish. I love vodka sauce, mmm.

Sierra said...

I love the music from Grey's too, I will have to listen to this song when I have speakers on my computer! Grr! I love all of Grey's songs though, you are so right. That pizza looks sooo yummy, thanks for sharing!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

YUM!!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure