Friday, June 19, 2009

Searching for the perfect gift... Help!

First off, I have to say, you absolutely need to try San Pellegrino Limonata! I had it for the first time about a month ago at a Brick Oven pizza restaurant and I loved it. It's like very fizzy more tart than sweet, lemonade. It's truly refreshing. Well, I didn't know where on earth you could buy those cute little bottles and today my dad came home from a business trip and had about 20 of the bottles for me! He said he found them in a Trader Joes near the hotel. A Trader Joes is about 45 minutes away from where I live so I've never been to one, but if you live near one, you must try the drink!

Now onto my real post... In a few weeks, I will be visiting my "big sister" (from my sorority) at her home in Maryland! I am too excited and cannot wait. I have been away from her for too long. I need a great house warming gift to bring her and her family for having me for the weekend, and I haven't a clue what I should bring! I need you to help me! Please please please if you have any ideas on a great idea for a house warming gift, let me know! My big and I met in September when I was pledging Zeta of course! She was one of the first sisters I met and we just hit it off. We both have a love for all things preppy and colorful and fashionable (she has the best wardrobe ever!) and we both have boyfriends that don't go to our university. When I first met her, she had the cutest ZTA letters on, they were little whales from J.Crew, I loved it! She, like me, loves anything girly and fun, and her parents are so generous and nice. My big and I went to the Atlantis in March (which was beyond fabulous) along with her family, and they are just so hospitable and lovely people so I really want to bring something nice! They live on a river and have a pool and hot tub as well so I am super excited to see her and spend the weekend with her! So if you have any ideas at all, please let me know! Here are some pictures of my big and I from this past school year:
Big and I on the balcony of our room at AtlantisMe, Big, and Grand Big at Christmas CocktailWe both wore purple and we didn't even plan it! Great minds think alike ;)
Gbig, me and Big
At Atlantis after the best meal ever at Seafire Steakhouse, if you are going to Atlantis, it's a must to dine there. I had the best steak ever there! The girl in the middle is my big's real sister, she is just as lovely as my big!

So if you have any ideas, I would appreicate it very much!

Another movie to blog about!!! Gran Torino is such a great movie! bRc had been bugging me for a while to see it and every time I see a preview for it, I think it's a "manly" movie, but it was so great! It even left me with a tear at the end. I recommend it for everyone (it does have a lot of innapropriate words and violence so definitely not for the kids!) Here is the trailer, rent it today!:


I hope everyone has a lovely night!

Yours,
sCe

p.s. Check out Loves Pink and Pearls for a Lilly Giveaway!
Also stop over to MRM because she is hosting a lovely stationary giveaway!
AND check out Lauren Nicole Gifts she is giving away a great Lilly tote!

2 comments:

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

I would bring them a gift basket! You can bring them a food gift basket (Id recommend Fresh Market for that); or try your local florist. Or even a cookie bouquet- informal, loving and thoughtful!

Ashley said...

I found you through Mrs. Newlywed, and you have an adorable blog!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure