Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sneaks

I never wear tennis shoes unless I'm doing something active like working out. Being at a large university, I have to walk, a lot (a lot being an understatement). I wear out pairs of shoes in a month. My flip flops break, (first day of being at college, my favorite hot pink Steve Madden croc embossed sandals broke, I was quite embarrassed but thank goodness I was on the way back to my dorm) my flats wear out, and my feet are too cold in the winter to wear anything but Uggs (yes, they're ugly, but my oh my are they warm) or Bean Boots. I've gathered some of my favorite comfortable, and well made alternatives to the traditional sneaker:

Jack Purcell (converse), can also be found hereThese are the John Varvatos Jack Purcell shoes made by converse, these are the cutest in my opinion, my dad has these (they are unisex).
That's a picture of my dads, you can't tell in either picture, but the shoe isn't just pale blue, it's very fine seersucker, almost just pin-striped-esque.
Here are some more options:

Sperry Top-Sider Boat ShoesI'm sure most of you already know that these are the best shoes in the entire world! I was looking on the website and saw these and think they're cute (and they're only $50!)!

Rocket Dog Preppie Madras Boatshoe
These are a steal at $35, they are so fun, and look comfortable. however I've never seen them in person.

Tretorn


Have a fabulous day!

Yours,
sCe

p.s. check out this website, I could spend hours reading articles from this website!

4 comments:

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

I hate tennis shoes too! I haven't bought a pair since 8th grade. I could think of SOOO much better stuff to spend $100 on! (Why are such ugly shoes so darn expensive?!) These options are much cuter! I just might need to pick up a pair of those Sperry's. Thanks for sharing :)

Posh Peach said...

I hate tennis shoes too and never wear them unless to the gym. Love those Sperrys!!

Kate said...

I really want the anchor Sperrys-these are so cute too though!

Domestic Diva said...

Love the JP's!!
xx me

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure